Senior Manager, Product Design
Detroit, MI /
Full time salaried
Vroom is an innovative end-to-end ecommerce company that is revolutionizing the car buying experience. Our scalable, data-driven technology brings all phases of the vehicle buying and selling process to consumers wherever they are and offers an extensive selection of vehicles, transparent pricing, competitive financing, and contact-free, at-home pick-up and delivery. We have experienced tremendous growth and have become a disruptive force in the automotive industry. Vroom is an exciting, dynamic workplace, and there's no better time to join the team than right now.
The Senior Manager of Product Design leads our Product Designers as we work in small, agile software teams to create human-centered experiences across Vroom. You’ll use your strategic design skills to help build products for diverse use cases, as well as execute on details within the product. If you love working with dedicated teams of product professionals, and doing work you can believe in, this is the position for you!
- Mentor teams that are building clean, elegant, data driven, user-centric experiences that delight users
- Define the user experience, interactions, and user interface through user flows, information architecture, sketches and wireframes, and visual design
- Measure the impact of design decisions on the Vroom customer experience and business goals using both A/B testing and analytics
- Drive continuous improvement in Vroom’s product design by developing rapid prototypes, participating in user research/testing, and releasing changes in measurable increments
- Look for opportunities to solve problems in ways that connect directly to Vroom’s business goals
- Help maintain visual and brand consistency between all products and outlets
- Work cross functionally to define and research problems and to develop and refine the end product
- 10+ years of Product Design experience, with 3+ years of team lead expertise
- Have a degree in design-related field or equivalent experience
- A portfolio of work that shows effective UX solutions and exceptional visual design
- Enjoy working in a collaborative and fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A keen eye for color, typography, photography, and everything design-related
- Proficient in Figma/Sketch, prototyping tools, Photoshop
- Working knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Have cross platform design experience (web, mobile, email)
- An organized self-starter, highly motivated, and collaborative
- Experience working with design systems a plus
- Experience with ecommerce a plus
This full-time role offers competitive compensation; health, dental, and vision insurance; a 401k plan; fully company-paid short term disability, long term disability, and life insurance; access to a healthcare concierge service with virtual visits; and 15 annualized days of paid vacation.
But our biggest benefit is being part of a low-ego, high performing team that's transforming the used car market into a modern, online and data-driven industry. We are looking for people who want to be a part of a contemporary startup culture. What gets us out of bed is working with talented people on a mission that matter
Commitment to Diversity and Equal Employment Opportunity
Vroom is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to creating a work environment where all employees can find their drive. To do that, we champion a workplace where each and every person is treated with dignity and respect and is valued for their unique perspective and contributions. Our values of SPEED: Service, Progress, Employees, Engagement, and Development are only possible in an environment where every individual has the ability to bring their whole selves to work and contribute fully.
Vroom’s policy is to maintain a working environment that encourages mutual respect, promotes harmonious and congenial relationships between employees, and is free from all forms of discrimination and harassment of any employee (or applicant for employment or service provider) by anyone, including supervisors, co-workers, vendors, or clients. Harassment and discrimination in any manner or form is expressly prohibited. There is no tolerance for discrimination or unequal treatment of any kind on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, sexual and reproductive health decisions, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status or civil partnership/union status, familial status, military or veteran status, predisposition or carrier status, domestic violence victim status, alienage or citizenship status, unemployment status, sexual violence or stalking victim status, caregiver status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This practice applies to all terms, conditions and privileges of employment including, but not limited to, recruitment, selection, promotion, demotion, transfer, layoff, rehire, termination of employment, development and training, compensation, benefits and retirement.