Consumer Document Specialist
Vroom.com is a venture-backed, fast-growing start-up focused on revolutionizing the car buying experience. Our approach is unique in that we recondition pre-owned vehicles to a high standard, sell online, and deliver anywhere across the US. We have experienced tremendous growth in our first 5 years of operation and have become a disruptive force in the automotive industry. Vroom is an exciting, accelerating workplace, and there's no better time to join the team than right now.
Vroom is seeking a detail-oriented and customer-facing Finance Specialist to help our customers through the process of financing their vehicles. If you have a good understanding of lending practices, and are motivated to help people we would love to hear from you. This position is located in our offices in the Westchase area of Houston, TX and reports to the Finance Specialist Team Lead.
- Assist with outside lenders to ensure timely funding
- Consult with customers to answer incoming calls with questions about purchase paperwork.
- Collect and verify stipulations with customers to ensure all application requirements are met.
- Prepare and send paperwork to customers after a sales agent has completed the transaction.
- Follow up with customers regarding outstanding paperwork questions and to ensure expedited return.
- Verify completeness of paperwork and hand off to Funding Team while maintaining a compliant audit trail of the documents.
- Familiarity with consumer lending products and practices.
- At least 1-2 years of experience in customer servicing call center function.
- Understanding of the importance of consistency, accuracy and detail-orientation required.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Strong customer service skills with the ability to maintain a high level of professionalism via phone and email.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Possess the ability to change priorities quickly as time-sensitive needs arise
- Able to adapt to a fluctuating workflow, particularly during periods of high loan volume
- Must be able to work both as part of a cohesive team and independently within set guidelines.
- Committed to providing exceptional service in a professional manner.
- Quick and accurate using internal online tools.
This full-time role offers competitive compensation; health, dental, and vision insurance through United Healthcare; a 401k plan; fully company-paid short term disability, long term disability, and life insurance; access to a healthcare concierge service with virtual visits; and 15 annualized days of paid vacation.
But our biggest benefit is being part of a low-ego, high performing team that's transforming the used car market into a modern, online and data-driven industry. We are looking for people who want to be a part of a contemporary startup culture. What gets us out of bed is working with talented people on a mission that matters.
If you think you might be who we’re looking for, apply below with your resume and a cover letter telling us why you think you’d be a great addition to the team.