Full time salaried
Vroom.com is a venture-backed, fast-growing start-up focused on revolutionizing the car buying experience. Our approach is unique in that we recondition pre-owned vehicles to a high standard, sell online, and deliver anywhere across the US. We have experienced tremendous growth in our first 5 years of operation and have become a disruptive force in the automotive industry. Vroom is an exciting, accelerating workplace, and there's no better time to join the team than right now.
We are seeking a Business Analyst with a focus on accounting to join our growing team. This position is responsible for performing routine to moderately complex business and cost analyses of the Company’s business operations. In this role, you will be asked to recommend cost saving and profit generating opportunities, and profitability improvement strategies. This role is located in Houston and reports to the Divisional Controller.
- Monitor, analyze, and evaluate operating results and financial performance
- Review and compare operating profit and loss results to established plans, standard costs, and previous actuals
- Identify and investigate factors contributing to variances
- Prepare routine to moderately complex analyses to determine standard costing of materials, direct labor, and direct expenses
- Collect, compile information, and prepare routine to moderately complex reports on operational results, profit and loss performance, and achievement of strategic management objectives
- Review sales, cost of sales, expenses, and inventory transactions
- Identify, research, resolve discrepancies, and prepare and correct journal entries
- Participate in month-end closing by preparing journal entries including accruals
- Participates in periodic Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) and financial audits
- Interface with auditors and provide required documentation and analysis as required
- Interact with internal management and staff in corporate accounting as well as operations to communicate findings and/or recommendations
- May perform test documentation for internal controls
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business or Finance
- 2-4 years of recent experience in budget, financial analysis and/or cost accounting, preferably in a manufacturing environment
- Working knowledge of cost accounting, budgeting and financial analysis
- Working knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) preferred
- Experience working with large amounts of data
- Strong attention to detail, analytical, problem solving, and organizational skills
- Team player capable of working independently on multiple projects
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines (i.e. month-end closing and business plans)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in MS Office: Outlook, Word, Excel (Pivot Tables and Vlookup), and Power Point
This full-time role offers competitive compensation; health, dental, and vision insurance through United Healthcare; a 401k plan; fully company-paid short term disability, long term disability, and life insurance; access to a healthcare concierge service with virtual visits; and 15 annualized days of paid vacation.
But our biggest benefit is being part of a low-ego, high performing team that's transforming the used car market into a modern, online and data-driven industry. We are looking for people who want to be a part of a contemporary startup culture. What gets us out of bed is working with talented people on a mission that matters.
If you think you might be who we’re looking for, apply below with your resume and a cover letter telling us why you think you’d be a great addition to the team.