Online Auto Buyer
Full time salaried
Vroom.com is a venture-backed, fast-growing start-up focused on revolutionizing the car buying experience. Our approach is unique in that we recondition pre-owned vehicles to a high standard, sell online, and deliver anywhere across the US. We have experienced tremendous growth in our first 5 years of operation and have become a disruptive force in the automotive industry. Vroom is an exciting, accelerating workplace, and there's no better time to join the team than right now.
Our Online Buyers are responsible for growing our already massive inventory via online platforms. Online buyers will have primary control of their own inventory which includes; purchasing, pricing, managing logistics and throughput from beginning to end of the vehicles life cycle. Online buyers need to have a good understanding of the automotive industry in regards to vehicle conditions and potential reconditioning costs to be able to make financially responsible decisions for the company.
- Responsible for handling all incoming Online consumer appraisals.
- Adhere to company profit margin requirements
- Adhere to company expectations of throughput
- Work inter-departmentally to capture every potential customer
- Manage customer requests efficiently
- Ability to effectively and efficiently negotiate
- Attention to detail
- High School Diploma required
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 2+ years of Customer Service and/or Sales related experience preferred
- Analysis and decision making
- Flexible work schedule on a 7 day business week including Saturdays, Sundays, evenings and holidays
- Proficient in G suites required
- Salesforce experience preferred
This full-time role offers competitive compensation; health, dental, and vision insurance through United Healthcare; a 401k plan; fully company-paid short term disability, long term disability, and life insurance; access to a healthcare concierge service with virtual visits; and 15 annualized days of paid vacation.
But our biggest benefit is being part of a low-ego, high performing team that's transforming the used car market into a modern, online and data-driven industry. We are looking for people who want to be a part of a contemporary startup culture. What gets us out of bed is working with talented people on a mission that matters.
If you think you might be who we’re looking for, apply below with your resume and a cover letter telling us why you think you’d be a great addition to the team.