Sr. Data Analyst
New York City, NY
Vroom.com is a venture-backed, fast-growing start-up focused on revolutionizing the car buying experience. Our approach is unique in that we recondition pre-owned vehicles to a high standard, sell online, and deliver anywhere across the US. We have experienced tremendous growth in our first 5 years of operation and have become a disruptive force in the automotive industry. Vroom is an exciting, accelerating workplace, and there's no better time to join the team than right now.
Vroom is seeking a Senior Data Analyst to champion data driven decision making and actively collaborate with business partners in order to assess, analyze and optimize business performance through key performance indicators. In this role you will work with complex data sets and produce actionable insights for our Product, Marketing, Operations, Finance and other teams. As a seasoned analyst, you will also mentor teammates and actively participate in the team’s growth.
- Analyze and interpret data using innovative statistical techniques
- Effectively translate findings into actionable recommendations
- Work alongside teams within Vroom to identify and address business needs
- Lead end-to-end complex analytics projects, with a focus on key priority areas of high impact and value
- Work closely with Vroom’s main business units (Product, Sales, Marketing, Operations and Finance) to provide support for critical ad hoc analyses
- Analyze and explain changes in key performance indicators
- BA/BS degree in a quantitative field preferred.
- You have 5+ years of work experience in data analysis.
- You have a strong knowledge of SQL.
- You have experience running in-depth analyses in one or several analytical coding languages (e.g. Python, R).
- You have experience cleaning and validating datasets with over 50M entries.
- You are able to take ownership of open-ended problems and drive them to completion.
- You are able to work in a fast-paced environment and multitask.
- You are curious about all things data and willing to learn and improve your skills.
- You have experience in mentoring and teaching others
Tools We Use
- SQL, Python, R, Looker, Redshift, MSSQL, BigQuery, Google DataStore, Pub/Sub, Excel, JIRA, Git, Google Analytics, Segment.
This full-time role offers competitive compensation; health, dental, and vision insurance through United Healthcare; a 401k plan; fully company-paid short term disability, long term disability, and life insurance; access to a healthcare concierge service with virtual visits; and 15 annualized days of paid vacation.
But our biggest benefit is being part of a low-ego, high performing team that's transforming the used car market into a modern, online and data-driven industry. We are looking for people who want to be a part of a contemporary startup culture. What gets us out of bed is working with talented people on a mission that matters.
If you think you might be who we’re looking for, apply below with your resume and a cover letter telling us why you think you’d be a great addition to the team.