Growth Operations Manager
New York City, NY /
Full time salaried
Vroom is an innovative end-to-end ecommerce company that is revolutionizing the car buying experience. Our scalable, data-driven technology brings all phases of the vehicle buying and selling process to consumers wherever they are and offers an extensive selection of vehicles, transparent pricing, competitive financing, and contact-free, at-home pick-up and delivery. We have experienced tremendous growth and have become a disruptive force in the automotive industry. Vroom is an exciting, dynamic workplace, and there's no better time to join the team than right now.
Vroom is looking for a Growth Operations Manager with strong analytical ability and business acumen to tackle transformational growth projects at Vroom. Working with the Growth Ops team, this role is expected to make significant contributions to the success of Vroom by developing and implementation scalable solutions to Vroom’s operations. This Growth Operations Manager will partner with the business units to improve operations through thought leadership, project management, the creation of operational reporting, and the implementation of a scalable process. The Growth Ops Manager will play a major role in understanding limiting factors to growth across all business units and developing analyses, processes, and project plans to unlock scale and alignment. To succeed, you will need to develop creative solutions to abstract strategic problems, deliver your work in a clear and compelling format, and balance big picture thinking with exceptional attention to detail. This position requires a driven self-starter who takes tasks from start to finish, enjoys working in a fast-paced, challenging environment, and has a thirst for knowledge to not just understand the “what” but the “why”.
- Partner with cross functional teams to solve the biggest problems in the business
- Work with stakeholders to identify key opportunities to improve Vroom’s ability to scale and gain alignment
- Development of go-forward project plans including mapping of current and future state operational processes
- Become a subject matter expert on our internal and external data
- Design, build, enhance, and own daily and weekly operational reporting
- Working on general business issues, including shipping optimization and recon cost reduction through our buying patterns
- Create and manage business cases through financial and operational model development, product outputs that track and predict key metrics
- Analyze weekly financial and operational trends to interpret the impact of changes in the business
- Working with key stakeholders to create data driven solutions to business problems
- Constantly maintaining an understanding of both the fine details, and abstract implications, of the above types of work
- 2 to 4 years of experience in investment banking and/or private equity preferred, financial role in a start up a plus
- 1 to 2 years’ experience in data, data analytics, statistics, and/or project management a plus
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in a quantitative field (mathematics, statistics, science)
- Familiarity with Looker, Tableau, or Salesforce a plus
- A fast learner who’s driven and motivated to produce best-in-class results
- Desire to propel the business forward and help in all ways possible
- Ability to forge strong relationships with business partners at all levels of the organization
- Ability to multi-task & prioritize
- Rigorous attention to detail
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- A strong understanding of basic financial principles
- A combination of EQ and IQ – always balancing creativity, situational awareness and objective information
- An ability to take on, and succeed with, a diverse array of projects that require varying skills and approaches
- A strong desire to work in a startup environment generally, and at Vroom specifically
- An appetite to take on increased responsibility and grow your career quickly
- An ability to create order out of chaos, distill learnings, and communicate findings elegantly to team
This full-time role offers competitive compensation; health, dental, and vision insurance; a 401k plan; fully company-paid short term disability, long term disability, and life insurance; access to a healthcare concierge service with virtual visits; and 15 annualized days of paid vacation.
But our biggest benefit is being part of a low-ego, high performing team that's transforming the used car market into a modern, online and data-driven industry. We are looking for people who want to be a part of a contemporary startup culture. What gets us out of bed is working with talented people on a mission that matter
Commitment to Diversity and Equal Employment Opportunity
Vroom is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to creating a work environment where all employees can find their drive. To do that, we champion a workplace where each and every person is treated with dignity and respect and is valued for their unique perspective and contributions. Our values of SPEED: Service, Progress, Employees, Engagement, and Development are only possible in an environment where every individual has the ability to bring their whole selves to work and contribute fully.
Vroom’s policy is to maintain a working environment that encourages mutual respect, promotes harmonious and congenial relationships between employees, and is free from all forms of discrimination and harassment of any employee (or applicant for employment or service provider) by anyone, including supervisors, co-workers, vendors, or clients. Harassment and discrimination in any manner or form is expressly prohibited. There is no tolerance for discrimination or unequal treatment of any kind on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, sexual and reproductive health decisions, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status or civil partnership/union status, familial status, military or veteran status, predisposition or carrier status, domestic violence victim status, alienage or citizenship status, unemployment status, sexual violence or stalking victim status, caregiver status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This practice applies to all terms, conditions and privileges of employment including, but not limited to, recruitment, selection, promotion, demotion, transfer, layoff, rehire, termination of employment, development and training, compensation, benefits and retirement.