Director, Sales Operations
Detroit, MI /
Full time salaried
Vroom is an innovative end-to-end ecommerce company that is revolutionizing the car buying experience. Our scalable, data-driven technology brings all phases of the vehicle buying and selling process to consumers wherever they are and offers an extensive selection of vehicles, transparent pricing, competitive financing, and contact-free, at-home pick-up and delivery. We have experienced tremendous growth and have become a disruptive force in the automotive industry. Vroom is an exciting, dynamic workplace, and there's no better time to join the team than right now.
We are looking for a passionate and experienced leader to join our sales and marketing organization to build upon and manage a significant, long-term strategic relationship with one of our largest partners. In this role you will work closely with senior leaders both within Vroom and our partner to develop, evaluate and grow the partnership opportunities. We are seeking a Director who has demonstrated success in driving partnership strategy and operational excellence and has the ability to manage, execute, and evaluate revenue growth through evolving corporate relationships.
- Develop and execute strategic growth initiatives through external partnership to drive multi-million-dollar revenue growth
- Manage day-to-day operations and reporting to provide visibility and understanding of key metrics and trends to improve upon process and customer experience
- Research revenue growth opportunities using internal and external reporting, forecasts, and market analysis
- Field and prioritize incoming partner requests and troubleshoot partner issues
- Prepare structured, executive-level presentations to share strategy, performance, maintain corporate alignment, and recommend a course of action
- Manage roll-out of additional products, initiatives, process changes, and other internal changes to the partner organization with a focus on increasing sales and revenue growth
- Lead the administration of agreements between the company and external partner ensuring adherence to company policies and procedures
- Manage external partners’ adherence to contractual obligations through day-to-day operational engagement as well as quarterly business reviews
- Establish and maintain rules of engagement and operational escalation procedures to quickly identify and resolve issues with partner
- Monitor partner’s business results and work with internal functional leaders in making recommendations and deploying best practices for optimizing processes and increase revenue growth
- Lead cross-functional projects to enhance processes, leveraging our product, tech, and back office teams, and working closely across all functional organizations
- Work with various teams to identify trade-offs and structure the decision-making process to solve complex issues
- Utilize a data-driven, experimentation-based and analytical approach to problem solving
- 7-10 years of work experience, preferably in the automotive industry, e-commerce, or a leading, high-growth digitally-oriented business
- Call Center experience
- Demonstrated track record developing, executing and managing multi-million dollar strategic partnerships and driving / coordinating partner activity
- Identify product development opportunities and areas of improvement and recommend customer experience improvements
- Represent partners in product-requirement gathering and internal product efforts
- Work with cross-functional groups to implement and track performance of product initiatives across channels
- Ability to embrace a broad range of topics, from strategy to analytics and operations - can shift from big picture to detailed operations on a dime
- Track record of success in working with sales and marketing organizations
- Strong project management skills - you are organized, structured and experienced at driving large programs with stakeholders at all levels of the organization
- Excellent interpersonal skills, partner-centric and highly comfortable navigating through a wide range of situations in a fast-paced environment
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with internal and external cross-functional teams to drive programs and/or products
- Pragmatic operational skills, disciplined and focused on results
- BA/BS Degree in a highly analytical field, MS / MBA a plus
- Willingness to travel as needed
This full-time role offers competitive compensation; health, dental, and vision insurance; a 401k plan; fully company-paid short term disability, long term disability, and life insurance; access to a healthcare concierge service with virtual visits; and 15 annualized days of paid vacation.
But our biggest benefit is being part of a low-ego, high performing team that's transforming the used car market into a modern, online and data-driven industry. We are looking for people who want to be a part of a contemporary startup culture. What gets us out of bed is working with talented people on a mission that matter
Commitment to Diversity and Equal Employment Opportunity
Vroom is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to creating a work environment where all employees can find their drive. To do that, we champion a workplace where each and every person is treated with dignity and respect and is valued for their unique perspective and contributions. Our values of SPEED: Service, Progress, Employees, Engagement, and Development are only possible in an environment where every individual has the ability to bring their whole selves to work and contribute fully.
Vroom’s policy is to maintain a working environment that encourages mutual respect, promotes harmonious and congenial relationships between employees, and is free from all forms of discrimination and harassment of any employee (or applicant for employment or service provider) by anyone, including supervisors, co-workers, vendors, or clients. Harassment and discrimination in any manner or form is expressly prohibited. There is no tolerance for discrimination or unequal treatment of any kind on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, sexual and reproductive health decisions, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status or civil partnership/union status, familial status, military or veteran status, predisposition or carrier status, domestic violence victim status, alienage or citizenship status, unemployment status, sexual violence or stalking victim status, caregiver status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This practice applies to all terms, conditions and privileges of employment including, but not limited to, recruitment, selection, promotion, demotion, transfer, layoff, rehire, termination of employment, development and training, compensation, benefits and retirement.