Full time salaried
Vroom.com is a venture-backed, fast-growing start-up focused on revolutionizing the car buying experience. Our approach is unique in that we recondition pre-owned vehicles to a high standard, sell online, and deliver anywhere across the US. We have experienced tremendous growth in our first 5 years of operation and have become a disruptive force in the automotive industry. Vroom is an exciting, accelerating workplace, and there's no better time to join the team than right now.
At Vroom, we believe that employee development is critical to our success. We are looking for a Trainer to join the team in our Stafford, TX reconditioning facility to design, develop and deliver training programs that enable our employees to meet both personal development and business goals. This is a highly cross functional role requiring collaboration across the organization - including assessing needs, gathering information, and gaining stakeholder alignment.
- Develop and administer an on going training program that includes all aspects of employee growth from onboarding and orientation through continued growth in both technical and managerial tracks
- Partner with vendors to provide an ongoing certification process for junior all the way through master technicians
- Work with experts to develop training and certification on the latest automotive technology such as evolutions in energy efficient and self-driving vehicles
- Work closely with employees and management to deliver and support safety training and safe work practices in order to achieve a best in class safety environmentIntroduce new and current employees to technical systems and upgrades used in the performance of their duties
- Conduct both classroom and on-the-job instruction
- Research, analyze and identify specific training needs to support business objectives
- Select appropriate delivery methodology, develop lesson plans, instructional materials and student handoutsSchedule and coordinate training programs and activities
- Develop and administer evaluations that assess the effectiveness of training
- Research and identify external training partners
- Prepare scope of services for outside training assistance and recommend the selection of consultants or vendors, and monitor and evaluate performance
- May partner with hiring managers and recruitment teams to assist in pre-employment screening
- Report on an as-needed basis, the progress of the training and development program and all class participation and provides an accurate account of the progress of the training program participant’s to the participant’s manager
- May be required to work occasional off-hours shifts to administer training programs.
- An Associate’s degree with major course work in education, counseling or a related technical field.
- Undergraduate or Master’s degree strongly preferred
- At least three (3) years of experience in assessing training needs, developing instructional materials and providing training to adults
- Strong facilitator for diverse audiencesStrongly prefer bilingual - English and Spanish speaker
- Requires experience across gsuite, Microsoft suite, publisher, articulate, captivate as well ability to rapidly learn internal and proprietary technologies.
- Experience with Salesforce helpful.
- Knowledge and application of adult learning styles
- Strong instructional design skills - excellent writing skills are a must
This full-time role offers competitive compensation; health, dental, and vision insurance through United Healthcare; a 401k plan; fully company-paid short term disability, long term disability, and life insurance; access to a healthcare concierge service with virtual visits; and 15 annualized days of paid vacation.
But our biggest benefit is being part of a low-ego, high performing team that's transforming the used car market into a modern, online and data-driven industry. We are looking for people who want to be a part of a contemporary startup culture. What gets us out of bed is working with talented people on a mission that matters.
If you think you might be who we’re looking for, apply below with your resume and a cover letter telling us why you think you’d be a great addition to the team.