Front End Software Engineer
Full time salaried
Vroom.com is a venture-backed, fast-growing start-up focused on revolutionizing the car buying experience. Our approach is unique in that we recondition pre-owned vehicles to a high standard, sell online, and deliver anywhere across the US. We have experienced tremendous growth in our first 5 years of operation and have become a disruptive force in the automotive industry. Vroom is an exciting, accelerating workplace, and there's no better time to join the team than right now.
Join our fleet of talented Frontend Software Engineers transforming the auto sales industry by creating a state-of-the-art e-commerce solution to the traditional car buying experience.
You’ll be responsible for solving interesting e-commerce challenges with the latest technologies. As a member of our growing engineering team, you’ll play a pivotal role in establishing our product offerings and customer facing websites. You’ll have a real impact on the products and will see the result of your work!
- Develop, maintain, and ship software at scale for high profile web applications including Vroom.com
- Architect efficient and reusable UI components using React and Vue.js
- Collaborate directly with Technology, Design, and Product Leads to deliver compelling user interfaces
- Define the bar for quality and efficiency of software systems
- Identify and resolve performance and scalability issues
- Participate in pull requests, pair programming exercises, project and team meetings, and agile activities
- Mentor junior developers and lead by example to build a culture of craftsmanship and innovation
- 5+ years of Front End development experience
- Familiar with CSS preprocessors, webpack, JSX, and Node.js
- Experience with CI/CD tools such as CircleCI and Jenkins
- College degree in CS or related field
- AWS and/or GCP (Google Cloud Platform)
- Understanding of XMLHttpRequest, http request, data manipulation, and the Promise API
We value your personal growth, and will gladly train you on any of our technologies that you don’t currently have. Ours is a culture where your voice will be heard, and you’ll be able to see the result of your work!
We’re one of the few players in the ecommerce automotive space. As a member of our crew, you will become an industry expert.
This full-time role offers competitive compensation; health, dental, and vision insurance through United Healthcare; a 401k plan; fully company-paid short term disability, long term disability, and life insurance; access to a healthcare concierge service with virtual visits; and 15 annualized days of paid vacation.
But our biggest benefit is being part of a low-ego, high performing team that's transforming the used car market into a modern, online and data-driven industry. We are looking for people who want to be a part of a contemporary startup culture. What gets us out of bed is working with talented people on a mission that matters.
If you think you might be who we’re looking for, apply below with your resume and a cover letter telling us why you think you’d be a great addition to the team.