New York City, NY
Full time salaried
Vroom.com is a venture-backed, fast-growing start-up focused on revolutionizing the car buying experience. Our approach is unique in that we recondition pre-owned vehicles to a high standard, sell online, and deliver anywhere across the US. We have experienced tremendous growth in our first 5 years of operation and have become a disruptive force in the automotive industry. Vroom is an exciting, accelerating workplace, and there's no better time to join the team than right now.
We are seeking a full-time DevOps Engineer. Reporting into our Director of DevOps, you’ll be helping build and run the mission-critical systems that support Vroom's fast-growing business. Our team is a fast-paced, and where we solve a wide variety of interesting infrastructure challenges using modern DevOps practices. If you're excited about working with cutting-edge Ops technologies like containerization, microservices, and infrastructure automation, this is the position for you! This position is on-site in our New York office.
- Build, maintain, and support all cloud-based infrastructure that powers Vroom's e-commerce site and back-end systems.
- Help foster a culture of security, and enforce comprehensive security best practices throughout Vroom's infrastructure and code.
- Set up and maintain automated monitoring of all systems, to ensure maximum uptime and peak performance.
- Architect infrastructure solutions for maximum scalability, employing techniques and technologies such as "scale out", redundancy, automated failover, and micro-services.
- Work closely with software development and data science teams to support their infrastructure needs, and provision and maintain all needed development, testing, and production environments.
- Employ DevOps automation, "infrastructure as code", and continuous integration/deployment practices as much as possible.
- Strong background administering scalable infrastructure in a public cloud environment. (AWS or GCP strongly preferred.)
- Proficiency in Unix system administration, network administration, and security, along with expert knowledge of associated tools and utilities.
- Proficiency in scripting languages such as Bash and Python, as well as SQL.
- Experience with modern source control tools (e.g., git) and CI/CD build/deployment tools (e.g., Jenkins or Circle CI).
- Strong debugging and problem solving skills, as well as verbal and written communication skills.
- BS in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience.
- Experience with container technologies, such as Docker, Kubernetes, and Helm, are a big plus.
- Experience with infrastructure automation tools, such as Terraform, also a plus.
This full-time role offers competitive compensation; health, dental, and vision insurance through United Healthcare; a 401k plan; fully company-paid short term disability, long term disability, and life insurance; access to a healthcare concierge service with virtual visits; and 15 annualized days of paid vacation.
But our biggest benefit is being part of a low-ego, high performing team that's transforming the used car market into a modern, online and data-driven industry. We are looking for people who want to be a part of a contemporary startup culture. What gets us out of bed is working with talented people on a mission that matters.
If you think you might be who we’re looking for, apply below with your resume and a cover letter telling us why you think you’d be a great addition to the team.