Quality Assurance Analyst
New York City, NY
Vroom.com is a venture-backed, fast-growing start-up focused on revolutionizing the car buying experience. Our approach is unique in that we recondition pre-owned vehicles to a high standard, sell online, and deliver anywhere across the US. We have experienced tremendous growth in our first 5 years of operation and have become a disruptive force in the automotive industry. Vroom is an exciting, accelerating workplace, and there's no better time to join the team than right now.
We are looking for a QA Analyst to ensure software delivery with the highest levels of quality. The role requires not only tactical delivery of QA artifacts using an Agile methodology, but also strong leadership to advocate and implement quality assurance processes across multiple technology efforts. The QA Analyst will proactively and collaboratively take part in all testing related activities and establish partnerships with key stakeholders in the Project Management, Development, DevOps, Product and Test Engineering teams to drive overall Quality Assurance from inception to production.
- Full ownership of end-to-end and software component quality testing architecture
- Achieving quality metrics for system and software components
- Championing the development of a comprehensive functional and integration testing strategy
- Define, compose, and evaluate test plans
- Front End and/or Back End Testing
- Work closely with the Test Engineering team
- Execute automated regression tests
- Manage sprints, epics, stories
- Identify tests that are “automatable”
- Propose design improvements and advocate for our end users.
- BA/BS degree in Engineering, Computer Science (or equivalent experience)
- 5+ years of QA experience
- Knowledge of TestRail, JIRA and Jenkins.
- Effective communication (oral and written) skills including problem solving, prioritizing and interpersonal relationship building.
- Proven track record in helping to define testing solutions that enable business objectives
This full-time role offers competitive compensation; health, dental, and vision insurance through United Healthcare; a 401k plan; fully company-paid short term disability, long term disability, and life insurance; access to a healthcare concierge service with virtual visits; and 15 annualized days of paid vacation.
But our biggest benefit is being part of a low-ego, high performing team that's transforming the used car market into a modern, online and data-driven industry. We are looking for people who want to be a part of a contemporary startup culture. What gets us out of bed is working with talented people on a mission that matters.
If you think you might be who we’re looking for, apply below with your resume and a cover letter telling us why you think you’d be a great addition to the team.