Titling & Funding
Vroom.com is a venture-backed, fast-growing start-up focused on revolutionizing the car buying experience. Our approach is unique in that we recondition pre-owned vehicles to a high standard, sell online, and deliver anywhere across the US. We have experienced tremendous growth in our first 5 years of operation and have become a disruptive force in the automotive industry. Vroom is an exciting, accelerating workplace, and there's no better time to join the team than right now.
This position manages and coordinates all general title and registration activities, including office administration and staff, is responsible for the accuracy and efficiency ensuring all vehicles are registered and titled within company and state guideline expectations. Assist functional departments with customer problems and questions relating to titles, vehicle registration, sales and service. Comprehensive knowledge of title & DMV laws and regulations required.
- Manage and review workflow volumes, plan and continuously monitor staffing levels to ensure efficiency, quality work product, and effective customer service.
- Review departmental performance against key performance indicators and metrics and develop and execute strategies for improvement.
- Manage daily administrative operations of the department including establishing work priorities, scheduling workforce, administering attendance policies, resolving problems, etc.
- Maintain and develop staff through ongoing training and performance through the administration of quarterly performance appraisals.
- Coordinate activities of various customer serving departments and employees and interact with other departments as necessary to ensure high quality of service to customers.
- Interact and coordinate with local and corporate teams when new procedures are needed, develop and implement improvements in methods and systems to ensure smooth flow of work and customers' satisfaction.
- Work closely with accounting department regarding customer payments, tax calculations, payoffs and monitoring of all outside funding transactions are processed timely.
- Administer and supervise all title processing for operating location transactions.
- Assist customers and employees in solving sales, accounting, and all other general related issues.
- Enforce all company policies and procedures related to employee and customer conduct.
- Partner with various market level support teams (i.e. Finance, HR, Recon, Safety, Security, Sales, Customer Service) to ensure effective and efficient operational processes that align with company objectives and strategies and high-quality customer service and support.
- Perform other duties as assigned by manager or supervisor.
- Actively work with other departments to create strong relationships and increase efficiencies.
- Supervise dealer registration office to ensure quality service to customers.
- Hire and supervise block clerks.
- Establish schedules to ensure appropriate coverage for sale day activities and volumes.
- Must be able to deliver Top Notch customer service to our internal/external customers
- 2 - 3 years of title and registration industry experience required.
- 1 - 3 years office management or supervisory experience required.
- Strong communication and interaction skills required.
- Effective management, customer service, and organizational skills required.
- Comprehensive knowledge of title & DMV laws and regulations required.
- Good computer and software knowledge essential, including AS400.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required. BA / BS is a plus.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at one time.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook software.
- Salesforce, Zendesk and/or any equivalent CRM tools.
- Fast paced, close quarters.
- Supervisor will manage 12 to 15 frontline title and registration clerks.
This full-time role offers competitive compensation; health, dental, and vision insurance through United Healthcare; a 401k plan; fully company-paid short term disability, long term disability, and life insurance; access to a healthcare concierge service with virtual visits; and 15 annualized days of paid vacation.
But our biggest benefit is being part of a low-ego, high performing team that's transforming the used car market into a modern, online and data-driven industry. We are looking for people who want to be a part of a contemporary startup culture. What gets us out of bed is working with talented people on a mission that matters.
If you think you might be who we’re looking for, apply below with your resume and a cover letter telling us why you think you’d be a great addition to the team.