Full time salaried
Vroom.com is a venture-backed, fast-growing start-up focused on revolutionizing the car buying experience. Our approach is unique in that we recondition pre-owned vehicles to a high standard, sell online, and deliver anywhere across the US. We have experienced tremendous growth in our first 5 years of operation and have become a disruptive force in the automotive industry. Vroom is an exciting, accelerating workplace, and there's no better time to join the team than right now.
We are seeking a Senior Accountant to join our accounting team. This position is responsible for general ledger reconciliations, analysis of balance sheet and income statement accounts, journal entries, financial statement preparation, and monthly, quarterly, and year-end closings. This is the perfect position for an individual with mix of public accounting and private industry experience who is not only interested in building a successful Corporate Accounting organization, but stepping outside their comfort zone to provide support in all areas of a company that is literally breaking new ground. This role is located in Houston and reports to the Senior Manager of Accounting.
- Prepare journal entries and supporting schedules (reconciliations, roll forwards)
- Review prepared statements/ schedules for completeness and accuracy
- Provide hands-on assistance with regards to reporting
- Research GAAP and resolve complex accounting issues
- Ability to document procedures and workflow in assigned areas of responsibility
- Help manage month-end close or other accounting processes
- Articulate accounting policies and procedures to non-accounting departments
- Coaching/ mentoring department staff
- Reconciliation of historical balances
- Assist in implementation of new accounting system
- Big 4 Audits experience
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting or Finance
- 5-7 years of experience in Accounting or Audit
- CPA or CPA candidate preferred, but not required.
- Detail oriented, with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong understanding of accounting theory and knowledge of US GAAP and analytical ability with a focus on understanding operations
- Strong software skills, Proficiency with Excel
- Demonstrated ability to learn accounting and reporting applications in a short time period
This full-time role offers competitive compensation; health, dental, and vision insurance through United Healthcare; a 401k plan; fully company-paid short term disability, long term disability, and life insurance; access to a healthcare concierge service with virtual visits; and 15 annualized days of paid vacation.
But our biggest benefit is being part of a low-ego, high performing team that's transforming the used car market into a modern, online and data-driven industry. We are looking for people who want to be a part of a contemporary startup culture. What gets us out of bed is working with talented people on a mission that matters.
If you think you might be who we’re looking for, apply below with your resume and a cover letter telling us why you think you’d be a great addition to the team.