VP, Head of Product Operations
New York City, NY /
Vroom is an innovative end-to-end ecommerce company that is revolutionizing the car buying experience. Our scalable, data-driven technology brings all phases of the vehicle buying and selling process to consumers wherever they are and offers an extensive selection of vehicles, transparent pricing, competitive financing, and contact-free, at-home pick-up and delivery. We have experienced tremendous growth and have become a disruptive force in the automotive industry. Vroom is an exciting, dynamic workplace, and there's no better time to join the team than right now.
Vroom is hitting its stride as we scale, and we’re looking for the right Product Operations leader to help us deliver on key strategic priorities. As a newly public company, we’re on a mission to drive enormous growth-- and that includes in key product and technology areas.
In this role, our Head of Product Ops will be responsible for planning, staffing, and managing complex product/technology investments, with an emphasis on parallel, outsourced delivery to complement our existing agile organization. As a senior leader in the product organization, this role will prioritize work in partnership with functional leaders and executive stakeholders across Vroom. Reporting directly to the Chief Product Officer, this person also plays a role in defining Vroom’s overall product/technology roadmap and must collaborate intensively with peer product and technology leaders so that Vroom’s multiple, parallel delivery tracks operate smoothly and scalably.
- Parallelize Vroom product growth by creating incremental capacity for new work -- an inherently complex and ambiguous mission that must ramp up quickly and deliver value consistently, with careful attention to the return created by any engagement
- Partner with the SVP, Growth Ops to support scale initiatives, including serving as the key liaison between vendor and Vroom teams
- Partner with internal business process experts throughout the organization to identify and implement key process changes to support scale and efficiency
- When a process is due to be streamlined with the application of technology, lead an assessment of the process to ensure automation/tech is the right answer
- Be an advocate for, and an enabler of, the strategic application of technology to reduce variable expense
- Work closely with CTO to ensure all third-party solutions align with Vroom’s broader technical, architectural, and product philosophies/goals
- If/when a solution intersects with the Vroom feature teams, ensure each impacted team is informed and aligned; when appropriate, provide adequate time, support, and documentation to ensure a smooth handoff into the feature team model
- Set the vision for--and source and scale-- a variably-sized workforce
- Lead multi-year, often complex technology efforts
- 10+ years of overall experience in Product Management, with 5+ years of managing managers experience
- Deep product management experience and experience scaling complex operations from inception to hundreds of team members
- Experience creating, building, optimizing B2C Customer Success operations, particularly in a fast-paced startup or tech environment
- The ability to effectively influence and communicate cross-functionally and excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Creative problem-solving abilities and expertise in balancing and articulating trade-offs
- A passion for ensuring an outstanding customer experience
This full-time role offers competitive compensation; health, dental, and vision insurance; a 401k plan; fully company-paid short term disability, long term disability, and life insurance; access to a healthcare concierge service with virtual visits; and 15 annualized days of paid vacation.
But our biggest benefit is being part of a low-ego, high performing team that's transforming the used car market into a modern, online and data-driven industry. We are looking for people who want to be a part of a contemporary startup culture. What gets us out of bed is working with talented people on a mission that matter
Commitment to Diversity and Equal Employment Opportunity
Vroom is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to creating a work environment where all employees can find their drive. To do that, we champion a workplace where each and every person is treated with dignity and respect and is valued for their unique perspective and contributions. Our values of SPEED: Service, Progress, Employees, Engagement, and Development are only possible in an environment where every individual has the ability to bring their whole selves to work and contribute fully.
Vroom’s policy is to maintain a working environment that encourages mutual respect, promotes harmonious and congenial relationships between employees, and is free from all forms of discrimination and harassment of any employee (or applicant for employment or service provider) by anyone, including supervisors, co-workers, vendors, or clients. Harassment and discrimination in any manner or form is expressly prohibited. There is no tolerance for discrimination or unequal treatment of any kind on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, sexual and reproductive health decisions, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status or civil partnership/union status, familial status, military or veteran status, predisposition or carrier status, domestic violence victim status, alienage or citizenship status, unemployment status, sexual violence or stalking victim status, caregiver status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This practice applies to all terms, conditions and privileges of employment including, but not limited to, recruitment, selection, promotion, demotion, transfer, layoff, rehire, termination of employment, development and training, compensation, benefits and retirement.