Recon & Photo
Full time hourly
Vroom.com is a venture-backed, fast-growing start-up focused on revolutionizing the car buying experience. Our approach is unique in that we recondition pre-owned vehicles to a high standard, sell online, and deliver anywhere across the US. We have experienced tremendous growth in our first 5 years of operation and have become a disruptive force in the automotive industry. Vroom is an exciting, accelerating workplace, and there's no better time to join the team than right now.
We are currently seeking a Tire Technician, who will be responsible for dismounting, remounting, and balancing tires. In this role, you will drive vehicles onto lifts, secure vehicles prior to dismounting the tires and wheels, and then reattach all tires and wheels to ensure proper and safe operations of the vehicle. Other duties include handling scrap (or taking off tires) and placing them neatly into the storage area, removing and replacing wheel locks, and other duties as assigned. You should be a reliable self-starter with a strong work ethic, who is eager to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Properly secure vehicles to lift to ensure safe operations
- Properly dismount and remount tires and wheels securely on vehicles
- Operate all equipment and tools as trained
- Install and program tpm sensors
- Assist with inventory control
- Operate using all company safety policies and procedures
- Complete and maintain required paperwork
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment
- Team oriented with the ability to work independently
- Other duties as assigned
- Prior knowledge of tire related equipment and tools
- Valid Driver's License
- Ability to lift a minimum of forty-five (45) pounds
- Perform repeated and repetitive movements consistent within the tire industry
This full-time role offers competitive compensation; health, dental, and vision insurance through United Healthcare; a 401k plan; fully company-paid short term disability, long term disability, and life insurance; access to a healthcare concierge service with virtual visits; and 15 annualized days of paid vacation.
But our biggest benefit is being part of a low-ego, high performing team that's transforming the used car market into a modern, online and data-driven industry. We are looking for people who want to be a part of a contemporary startup culture. What gets us out of bed is working with talented people on a mission that matters.
If you think you might be who we’re looking for, apply below with your resume and a cover letter telling us why you think you’d be a great addition to the team.