Auto Reconditioning Assistant Manager
Full time salaried
Vroom.com is a venture-backed, fast-growing start-up focused on revolutionizing the car buying experience. Our approach is unique in that we recondition pre-owned vehicles to a high standard, sell online, and deliver anywhere across the US. We have experienced tremendous growth in our first 5 years of operation and have become a disruptive force in the automotive industry. Vroom is an exciting, accelerating workplace, and there's no better time to join the team than right now.
Vroom is seeking an Assistant Manager for our Hub facility to coordinate all vehicle reconditioning and shipping activities. Responsibilities include assisting the Hub Manager in improving performance, productivity, efficiency and profitability through the implementation of effective methods and strategies. You will work directly with our reconditioning vendors.
- Responsible for directing and managing overall flow of vehicles through receiving, reconditioning, and shipping process to Vroom’s reconditioning standards
- Responsible for meeting key metrics such as: quality, cost and other KPIs as determined by the leadership team
- Provide decisive direction for the Recon Team after taking into account all relevant information
- Maintain reconditioning processes, operational controls and managing KPIs in conjunction with other recon sites to share best practices
- Communicate with sales, fulfillment, buyers, quality, and the leadership team when necessary
- Maintain a safe working environment
- Coordinate with on-site vendors
- Contribute towards the achievement and development of Vroom’s strategic and operational objectives
- Follow all safety policies, operations and practices identified by Vroom
- This position is performed within an office environment at least 60% of the time, 40% of the time employee will be exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time
- Maintain a high level of ethical standards and professional appearance
- Strong communicator in both verbal and written forms
- Experienced with Microsoft Office and Excel
- Analytical and detail oriented with exceptional organizational skills
- Must have a valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Ability to drive various vehicles including automatic and manual transmissions
- 5+ years in an automotive related field preferred
This full-time role offers competitive compensation; health, dental, and vision insurance through United Healthcare; a 401k plan; fully company-paid short term disability, long term disability, and life insurance; access to a healthcare concierge service with virtual visits; and 15 annualized days of paid vacation.
But our biggest benefit is being part of a low-ego, high performing team that's transforming the used car market into a modern, online and data-driven industry. We are looking for people who want to be a part of a contemporary startup culture. What gets us out of bed is working with talented people on a mission that matters.
If you think you might be who we’re looking for, apply below with your resume and a cover letter telling us why you think you’d be a great addition to the team.