HR/ Payroll Specialist
Full time hourly
Vroom.com is a venture-backed, fast-growing start-up focused on revolutionizing the car buying experience. Our approach is unique in that we recondition pre-owned vehicles to a high standard, sell online, and deliver anywhere across the US. We have experienced tremendous growth in our first 5 years of operation and have become a disruptive force in the automotive industry. Vroom is an exciting, accelerating workplace, and there's no better time to join the team than right now.
We are seeking an organized, detail-oriented HR Specialist to join the People & Culture team. We are the team that supports, develops and powers the people that drive Vroom forward. In this role, you will support not only the payroll function but touch a broad number of People & Culture initiatives and touch points. This role is located in our offices in Houston, TX and reports to the VP of HR Operations in our New York headquarters.
- Support Payroll Manager with processing bi-weekly multi-state payroll including handling garnishments, auditing time & attendance reports
- Act as first point of contact for all employee payroll and time + attendance questions
- Respond to requests for employment verificationsRespond to unemployment claims
- Manage workers' compensation including creating + communicating processes, filing + monitoring claims, and assisting with data + audit requests
- EEOC compliance including EEO-1 reporting
- Coordinate annual Engagement Survey and ad hoc pulse surveys
- Greet onsite interview candidates as needed
- 2-3 years’ experience in a human resources function
- Experience processing multi-state payroll for a diverse workforce.
- Workday experience desired
- High attention to detail
- Process-driven and organized approach
- Good communication skills and value on customer service
- Possess a high level of integrity – must show good judgment and confidentiality at all times
This full-time role offers competitive compensation; health, dental, and vision insurance through United Healthcare; a 401k plan; fully company-paid short term disability, long term disability, and life insurance; access to a healthcare concierge service with virtual visits; and 15 annualized days of paid vacation.
But our biggest benefit is being part of a low-ego, high performing team that's transforming the used car market into a modern, online and data-driven industry. We are looking for people who want to be a part of a contemporary startup culture. What gets us out of bed is working with talented people on a mission that matters.
If you think you might be who we’re looking for, apply below with your resume and a cover letter telling us why you think you’d be a great addition to the team.