Senior Product Manager - Logistics (Remote)
New York, NY /
Vroom is an innovative end-to-end ecommerce company that is revolutionizing the car buying experience. Our scalable, data-driven technology brings all phases of the vehicle buying and selling process to consumers wherever they are and offers an extensive selection of vehicles, transparent pricing, competitive financing, and contact-free, at-home pick-up and delivery. We have experienced tremendous growth and have become a disruptive force in the automotive industry. Vroom is an exciting, dynamic workplace, and there's no better time to join the team than right now.
We are currently seeking a Senior Product Manager, Logistics. In this role, you will have the unique opportunity to work alongside a talented team of designers, developers, and data scientists to build and scale Vroom’s foundational platform. In this role, you will own the strategy for inbound logistics and our allocation tool. This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing team, make a big impact, and help us scale Vroom’s shipping and logistics business.
To Be Successful:
- Lead the inbound logistics strategy with the focus of reducing dwell time and shipping costs.
- Manage the allocation tool with the focus of increasing visibility as Vroom adds more recon centers.
- Reduce the dwell time of inbound cars ensuring that the customer has a good experience, but also that Vroom is reducing costs and maximizing profit.
- You are ready to roll up your sleeves and serve the team wherever there is a need.
- Effective collaboration comes naturally to you, as well as alignment with a team of engineers, designers and analysts, both within your functional team and with cross-functional teams.
- You are able to blaze a trail or go with the flow; you are comfortable adapting and helping your team adapt when priorities shiftBar raisers.
- Our team wants to be challenged and is looking for a PM to partner with them figuring out how to achieve goals faster and better.
- We believe good product managers seek to understand the customer’s perspective and challenges and evangelize the customer’s needs in all decisions.
- Are an experienced product manager with a passion for technology - the person in this role is not just concerned about what we build, but how we build it
- Have operational experience in or related to product, and specifically 5+ years of product management experience
- Are comfortable working with APIs and datasets.
- You understand technical infrastructure and vision, and where you do not understand, you are not afraid to ask questions and seek to understand
- Have demonstrated ability to take high-level technical concepts and break them down into prioritized roadmaps and plans in partnership with engineering
- Are proficient at understanding data flow and data structure to power analytics and are competent at collecting, interpreting, and creating actionable insights from datasets
- Have demonstrated experience managing complex software and process development to achieve business objectives, particularly Agile development methodologies
This full-time role offers competitive compensation; health, dental, and vision insurance; a 401k plan; fully company-paid short term disability, long term disability, and life insurance; access to a healthcare concierge service with virtual visits; and 15 annualized days of paid vacation.
But our biggest benefit is being part of a low-ego, high performing team that's transforming the used car market into a modern, online and data-driven industry. We are looking for people who want to be a part of a contemporary startup culture. What gets us out of bed is working with talented people on a mission that matters.
Commitment to Diversity and Equal Employment Opportunity
Vroom is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to creating a work environment where all employees can find their drive. To do that, we champion a workplace where each and every person is treated with dignity and respect and is valued for their unique perspective and contributions. Our values of SPEED: Service, Progress, Employees, Engagement, and Development are only possible in an environment where every individual has the ability to bring their whole selves to work and contribute fully.
Vroom’s policy is to maintain a working environment that encourages mutual respect, promotes harmonious and congenial relationships between employees, and is free from all forms of discrimination and harassment of any employee (or applicant for employment or service provider) by anyone, including supervisors, co-workers, vendors, or clients. Harassment and discrimination in any manner or form is expressly prohibited. There is no tolerance for discrimination or unequal treatment of any kind on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, sexual and reproductive health decisions, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status or civil partnership/union status, familial status, military or veteran status, predisposition or carrier status, domestic violence victim status, alienage or citizenship status, unemployment status, sexual violence or stalking victim status, caregiver status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This practice applies to all terms, conditions and privileges of employment including, but not limited to, recruitment, selection, promotion, demotion, transfer, layoff, rehire, termination of employment, development and training, compensation, benefits and retirement.
Please review our privacy and CCPA policies here.