Backend Software Engineer
Full time salaried
Vroom.com is a venture-backed, fast-growing start-up focused on revolutionizing the car buying experience. Our approach is unique in that we recondition pre-owned vehicles to a high standard, sell online, and deliver anywhere across the US. We have experienced tremendous growth in our first 5 years of operation and have become a disruptive force in the automotive industry. Vroom is an exciting, accelerating workplace, and there's no better time to join the team than right now.
Join our pit crew of talented Backend Software Engineers transforming the auto sales industry by creating a state-of-the-art e-commerce solution to the traditional car buying experience. You’ll be responsible for building, owning, and shipping products. As a member of our growing engineering team, you’ll play a pivotal role in establishing our product offerings and technical architecture. You’ll be focused on creating real impact!
We’re looking for great engineers who think about scalable distributed systems, highly fault tolerant services, and Vroom’s data collection and storage needs.
- Architect, design, develop, deploy and maintain scalable software and services
- Collaborate directly with Tech and Product Leads to develop and maintain cutting edge software
- Design and implement high availability services and microservices
- Develop core platform services and back-end APIs
- BA/BS degree in Engineering, Computer Science
- 3+ years of Software Engineering experience
- Strong software design skills; database modeling a plus
- Openness to learning new programming languages
- Experience with distributed systems
- Docker and/or Kubernetes experience a plus
- AWS and/or GCP (Google Cloud Platform)
- Experience building scalable web architecture and distributed systems
We value your personal growth, and will gladly train you on any of our technologies that you don’t currently have. Ours is a culture where your voice will be heard, and you’ll be able to see the result of your work!
We’re one of the few players in the ecommerce automotive space. As a member of our crew, you will become an industry expert.
This full-time role offers competitive compensation; health, dental, and vision insurance through United Healthcare; a 401k plan; fully company-paid short term disability, long term disability, and life insurance; access to a healthcare concierge service with virtual visits; and 15 annualized days of paid vacation.
But our biggest benefit is being part of a low-ego, high performing team that's transforming the used car market into a modern, online and data-driven industry. We are looking for people who want to be a part of a contemporary startup culture. What gets us out of bed is working with talented people on a mission that matters.
If you think you might be who we’re looking for, apply below with your resume and a cover letter telling us why you think you’d be a great addition to the team.