Full time salaried
Vroom.com is a venture-backed, fast-growing start-up focused on revolutionizing the car buying experience. Our approach is unique in that we recondition pre-owned vehicles to a high standard, sell online, and deliver anywhere across the US. We have experienced tremendous growth in our first 5 years of operation and have become a disruptive force in the automotive industry. Vroom is an exciting, accelerating workplace, and there's no better time to join the team than right now.
Vroom is seeking a Tax Analyst who will be involved in all aspects of domestic transaction tax compliance and research in the unique and quickly evolving field of e-commerce. This role sits in our offices in the Westchase area of Houston, TX and reports to the VP, Tax & Treasury.
- Prepare transaction tax (sales/use, business + occupation, gross receipts, and property tax) returns for monthly, quarterly and annual filings
- Research transaction tax issues
- Interpret and comply with state and local statutes, regulations, and legislation
- Prepare for, and assist with, transaction tax audits
- Prepare and/or review indirect tax filings
- Escheatment review of accounts payable
- Provide guidance based on research of transaction tax laws and regulations
- Partner with software implementation team to establish sales/use tax rules in software
- Develop and implement process improvements
- Must be able to work independently in a fast-paced, dynamic environment where attention to detail, analytical skills and strong communication skills are essential
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or other four year degree with equivalent accounting experience
- One to four years accounting or transaction tax experience
- Strong computer technical skills - MS Excel
- Strong organizational skills + attention to detail
- Strong communication skills - both oral and written
- Team-player, customer-centric attitude
This full-time role offers competitive compensation; health, dental, and vision insurance through United Healthcare; a 401k plan; fully company-paid short term disability, long term disability, and life insurance; access to a healthcare concierge service with virtual visits; and 15 annualized days of paid vacation.
But our biggest benefit is being part of a low-ego, high performing team that's transforming the used car market into a modern, online and data-driven industry. We are looking for people who want to be a part of a contemporary startup culture. What gets us out of bed is working with talented people on a mission that matters.
If you think you might be who we’re looking for, apply below with your resume and a cover letter telling us why you think you’d be a great addition to the team.