Automotive Technician / Mechanic 2nd Shift
Recon & Photo
Full time hourly
Vroom.com is a venture-backed, fast-growing start-up focused on revolutionizing the car buying experience. Our approach is unique in that we recondition pre-owned vehicles to a high standard, sell online, and deliver anywhere across the US. We have experienced tremendous growth in our first 5 years of operation and have become a disruptive force in the automotive industry. Vroom is an exciting, accelerating workplace, and there's no better time to join the team than right now.
We are currently seeking an Automotive Technician/Mechanic for our location in Stafford, TX. The right person should be a reliable self-starter with a strong work ethic, the ability to meet deadlines and prioritize assignments, and be eager to work in a fast-paced environment. This position offers full health, dental, and vision benefits at the start of your second month. We also offer vacation time and holiday pay. This position is for 2nd shift and must be available to work M-F 3pm-11:30pm.
- Identify mechanical problems on domestic and foreign vehicles
- Test parts and systems to ensure that they are working properly
- Maintain high efficiency numbers while meeting productivity and quality standards
- Use testing and diagnostic equipment to ensure the repairs are done right the first time
- Follow standardized workflow
- Be team oriented and maintain positive working relationships with Vroom employees.
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Technical or trade school degree preferred or professional experience equivalent
- ASE Certification or certification(s) in different specialized areas preferred
- Strong attention to detail is required to meet productivity and quality standards
- Must have a valid driver's license
- Must have own standard tools to perform the job
This full-time role offers competitive compensation; health, dental, and vision insurance through United Healthcare; a 401k plan; fully company-paid short term disability, long term disability, and life insurance; access to a healthcare concierge service with virtual visits; and 15 annualized days of paid vacation.
But our biggest benefit is being part of a low-ego, high performing team that's transforming the used car market into a modern, online and data-driven industry. We are looking for people who want to be a part of a contemporary startup culture. What gets us out of bed is working with talented people on a mission that matters.
If you think you might be who we’re looking for, apply below with your resume and a cover letter telling us why you think you’d be a great addition to the team.