Acquisition Supervisor/Junior Manager
Full time salaried
Vroom.com is a venture-backed, fast-growing start-up focused on revolutionizing the car buying experience. Our approach is unique in that we recondition pre-owned vehicles to a high standard, sell online, and deliver anywhere across the US. We have experienced tremendous growth in our first 5 years of operation and have become a disruptive force in the automotive industry. Vroom is an exciting, accelerating workplace, and there's no better time to join the team than right now.
The Acquisitions Supervisor position is a key role responsible for maximizing the efficiency, revenue and productivity of the Acquisitions department and achieving the highest levels of customer satisfaction. This position is located at our Stafford retail dealership and may require traveling around Houston. The Acquisitions Supervisor will oversee a team of ten plus employees that physically inspect customer vehicles for mechanical, cosmetic and structural conditions. The Acquisitions Supervisor must have excellent problem-solving skills and be able to help the retail purchasing team make profitable decisions. The position requires an ability to process a high volume of consumer transactions while also maintaining Vroom’s level of customer service. The Acquisitions Supervisor must have exceptional verbal and written communication skills and be able to articulate your message to your team and to leadership. This position requires the ability to identify risks, issues and blockers while also contributing to a solution. You must have extensive experience managing teams to a plan using data as your tool to support growth. This individual must be a self-starter with strong interpersonal skills, coupled with the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensures all guest transactions are being processed to meet our customer expectations and Vroom service levels.
- Successfully manage a team of 10+
- Effectively communicate and execute weekly, monthly and quarterly goals to the Retail Purchasing Team
- Review guest documents and team’s work for accuracy and compliance
- Verify legitimacy of each transaction/document
- Follow state laws as it pertains to processing documents and purchasing inventory
- Work with multiple technology platforms including Salesforce
- Report team’s performance to leadership weekly
- Conduct monthly performance reviews with direct reports
- Create goals backed by data utilizing Excel and in house tools
- Train and onboard new hires
- Ensures the successful career development of team through training, coaching and mentoring
- Work with departments within the company to enhance processes
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with customers and drive increased satisfaction levels
- Physically inspect customer’s vehicles that arrive for an appraisalAccurately communicate vehicle conditions to a centralized buyer
- Effectively deliver appraisal offer to every customer
- Bachelor’s degree or like experience
- 3+ years customer service
- 3+ years managing teams
- Operate a motor vehicle with a valid and unrestricted driver’s license
- Able to work a flexible schedule and travel in support of multi-location team
- Sales Force experience preferred
- Knowledge of local, state, federal laws governing documents and privacy preferred
- Excellent team building, communication and influencing skills
- Strong Analytical problem solving and decision-making skills
- Team oriented, flexible and focused on maintaining a high level of customer service
- Self-starter, detail oriented, ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments, and juggle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Knowledge in Google basic suite of programs
- Process high volume of documents meeting daily deadlines
- Excellent typing skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work in the outdoor elements
This full-time role offers competitive compensation; health, dental, and vision insurance through United Healthcare; a 401k plan; fully company-paid short term disability, long term disability, and life insurance; access to a healthcare concierge service with virtual visits; and 15 annualized days of paid vacation.
But our biggest benefit is being part of a low-ego, high performing team that's transforming the used car market into a modern, online and data-driven industry. We are looking for people who want to be a part of a contemporary startup culture. What gets us out of bed is working with talented people on a mission that matters.
If you think you might be who we’re looking for, apply below with your resume and a cover letter telling us why you think you’d be a great addition to the team.