Full time salaried
Vroom.com is a venture-backed, fast-growing start-up focused on revolutionizing the car buying experience. Our approach is unique in that we recondition pre-owned vehicles to a high standard, sell online, and deliver anywhere across the US. We have experienced tremendous growth in our first 5 years of operation and have become a disruptive force in the automotive industry. Vroom is an exciting, accelerating workplace, and there's no better time to join the team than right now.
Bypassing the salesman and the dealership all together, we are disrupting the auto industry by taking the sale, trade and purchasing process entirely online. We are a dynamic, high-octane culture and are looking for professionals who can raise the bar in a fun, loose, start-up environment. You will be collaborating with a group of highly skilled and driven individuals who thrive on taming the unknown and charging past the traditional.
The Vroom Transportation Team is looking for a person with a passion for cars, the ability to multi-task and an eye for quality!
- Plan, develop, organize, implement, track, and direct the transportation of vehicles.
- Monitor timely documentation of dispatch information for accurate and timely reporting
- Communicate with site(s) effectively to ensure the completeness of pickup/delivery of vehicles.
- Oversee and coordinate daily review of load opportunities and timely respond with pricing and availability.
- Demonstrate professional communication between Delivery Support, Motor Carriers, and site personnel.
- Works closely with the Logistics Manager and site operations to define prioritization and workload; contributes to special projects and strategic initiatives.
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience in the logistics industry
- High school diploma or equivalent (Bachelors in Business / Logistics / Supply Chain preferred)
- Proficient computer skills and familiarity using spreadsheets and data reporting tools
- Proven self-starter able to work independently and as part of a team
- Able to work a flexible schedule and travel in support of multi-location team. 10 hour schedules including some weekends. Shifts rotate 4 days on / 5 days off / 5 days on / 4 days off
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand the English language; bilingual a plus
- Strong experience and thorough knowledge of DOT and FMCSA
- Knowledge of a TMS is a plus
- Excellent organization/communication skills
- Strong PC proficiency
This full-time role offers competitive compensation; health, dental, and vision insurance through United Healthcare; a 401k plan; fully company-paid short term disability, long term disability, and life insurance; access to a healthcare concierge service with virtual visits; and 15 annualized days of paid vacation.
But our biggest benefit is being part of a low-ego, high performing team that's transforming the used car market into a modern, online and data-driven industry. We are looking for people who want to be a part of a contemporary startup culture. What gets us out of bed is working with talented people on a mission that matters.
If you think you might be who we’re looking for, apply below with your resume and a cover letter telling us why you think you’d be a great addition to the team.