In-Store Finance Manager
Vroom.com is a venture-backed, fast-growing start-up focused on revolutionizing the car buying experience. Our approach is unique in that we recondition pre-owned vehicles to a high standard, sell online, and deliver anywhere across the US. We have experienced tremendous growth in our first 5 years of operation and have become a disruptive force in the automotive industry. Vroom is an exciting, accelerating workplace, and there's no better time to join the team than right now.
Vroom is seeking a professional and detail-oriented Finance Contractor to help guide our customers through the process of financing and completing the necessary paperwork for the purchase of their vehicle. If you have a good understanding of lending practices, and are motivated to help people we would love to hear from you. This position is located in our Stafford, TX office and reports to the Finance Senior Manager.
- Achieve finance attachment and profitability goals for both financing and backend products
- Analyze credit applications and make determination on credit worthiness
- Consult with customers to verify financial and credit transactions
- Update any needed changes to credit application and supporting documentation sent to lenders
- Inform the customer of payment types accepted
- Inform the customer of their multiple loan options and upsell of products if they select to finance
- Obtain and verify trade payoffs
- Follow up with customers on paperwork questions
- Follow up on the funding process to ensure close out of transaction in a timely manner
- Familiarity with consumer lending products, practices and compliance requirements.
- Preferred 1-2 years of experience in customer servicing call center function.
- Understand the importance and portrayal of finance compliance in person and over the phone
- Excellent attention to detail as well as understanding the importance of consistency and accuracy.
- Exceptional customer service skills with the ability to maintain a high level of professionalism via phone and email.
- Ability to overcome objections and/or to de-escalate customer concerns during the sales process.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to change priorities quickly as time-sensitive needs arise
- Able to adapt to a fluctuating workflow, particularly during periods of high loan volume
- Must be able to work both as part of a cohesive team and independently within set guidelines.
- Quick and accurate use of internal and external tools
This full-time role offers competitive compensation; health, dental, and vision insurance through United Healthcare; a 401k plan; fully company-paid short term disability, long term disability, and life insurance; access to a healthcare concierge service with virtual visits; and 15 annualized days of paid vacation.
But our biggest benefit is being part of a low-ego, high performing team that's transforming the used car market into a modern, online and data-driven industry. We are looking for people who want to be a part of a contemporary startup culture. What gets us out of bed is working with talented people on a mission that matters.
If you think you might be who we’re looking for, apply below with your resume and a cover letter telling us why you think you’d be a great addition to the team.