Product Manager, Growth
You know what it takes to make a great product. You appreciate the beauty and importance of creativity and community. You like to identify and solve problems and have a track record of influencing both creatives and technologists to execute on a vision. You are personable, understand the languages of the creative and development worlds, and you take care of business.
As a Senior Product Manager for Growth, you will be responsible for improving the effectiveness of VSCO’s conversion funnels. From a user’s first experience to their last, you will identify ways to communicate the value of VSCO’s product by empathizing with the user’s needs at that point in time. Doing so will require strong qualitative and quantitative research abilities, with a knack for thinking outside the box to bring surprise and delight to the most fickle of users. You’ll work iteratively to ship and test these experiments, partnering closely with iOS, Android, and Web engineering to implement and measure their effectiveness.
- Own the product development lifecycle by establishing a prioritized roadmap with milestones and delivery dates
- Identify weak points in the user funnel, or opportunities to creatively connect users with what they need to be successful
- Drive the creation of product requirements – help generate feature ideas and facilitate agreements between internal teams, ensuring products are built efficiently
- Communicate, coordinate and work closely with company leaders, designers and engineers to deliver products that fit our company goals
- Stay in touch with users to understand what they love or don’t love as our product evolves
- Articulate user stories and business parameters, and identify success metrics for new products on an iterative basis
- BS in related field of study or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of prior experience delivering consumer apps, technology and services – shipping products to millions of users
- Direct experience focusing on the growth of a new or established product
- Passionate about delivering beautifully designed products while developing teams and individuals
- Ability to work in an agile and iterative startup environment
- Proven ability to tell a story with compelling data and use an iterative approach to data collection and management
- Ability to use quantitative and qualitative sources to design and validate ideas
- Understanding of UI/UX best practices, including when to follow patterns and when to push boundaries
- Strong technical background and experience working directly with engineers, with a firm grasp on the technical details driving the product
Nice to have
- A personal interest in art and/or photography
- International product experience
VSCO® is an art and technology company empowering and inspiring people everywhere to create, discover, and connect. Founded in 2011, VSCO is based in Oakland, CA, and is the parent company to Denver-based printing outpost, Artifact Uprising.
Free delicious breakfasts and lunches daily, amazing snack selections, and the best coffee in the Bay Area. Equity, health, vision and dental insurance for families, flexible vacation policy, and paid trips to conferences. Relocation assistance provided.
We value the creative process and our employees’ opinions — input is encouraged, regardless of your position or title. We want people who are driven, who demonstrate initiative in taking our digital tools to the next level.
The Working Life
At VSCO, everyone works hard but also takes the time to enjoy life outside of the office. Balance is important to us.
It Won’t Be Boring
Try new things. Think outside the box. We want an environment that fights stagnation and challenges the status quo.
Interested in this position?
Tell us why you want to work at VSCO and what we should know about you.
VSCO believes in building a safe place for creative expression and celebrating that which makes us human, welcoming unique and personal backgrounds and experiences. We’re proud to foster that value within VSCO, as we continue to focus on building an inclusive and diverse culture.