VTEX is the only multi-tenant commerce platform that unifies all customer experiences into a comprehensive enterprise solution. Trusted by Sony, Walmart, Whirlpool, Coca-Cola, Stanley Black and Decker, Pizza Hut, Nestlé, and more than 2.500 online stores in over 28 countries, the platform accelerates the commerce transformation of complex operations.
We cultivate an open and inclusive environment where everyone can contribute. This translates into some perks such as not having a dress code but also into a flat organization, open meetings and a candid feedback culture.
We believe that inclusion inspires innovation and strong teams thrive inside diverse environments. We are committed to a hiring process that ensures equal opportunities for all, regardless of ethnicity, gender, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion.
If you'd like to learn more about VTEX and our culture, check out our careers page.
We're building the infrastructure for global commerce. Our create solutions that range from e-commerce to physical store solutions, but also extend to financial services and even tools to empower partner and client's devs. Among our biggest technical challenges:
- Build services and workflows that are adaptable enough to fit our current and future enterprise demands
- Evolve and scale our infrastructure to keep up with our 50% YOY growth
- Deliver our engineering expertise through our serverless development platform
HOW WE WORK
Our team is built by bringing together bright and inquisitive engineers and a lot of tough problems. We've seen this setting fostering ownership, allowing engineers to deeply understand and have the initiative to solve our daily challenges.
Our stack consists mostly of .NET for CPU-bound applications, Node.js + Typescript for IO-bound services and a pinch of Golang here and there. On the frontend, we leverage React stuffed with Typescript and served with GraphQL on the side.
As an engineer who builds our frontend systems, you'll get to:
- Design and build our core store components with a mobile-first approach - if you're interested to take a look at our design system
- Define and implement standards and frameworks that bootstrap thousands of VTEX partner agencies
- Profile and optimize our components performance focusing on improving UX
As an engineer who builds our backends systems, you'll get to:
- Evolve large-scale and resilient microservices with 24/7 uptime
- Design and build low-latency and highly available APIs
As an engineer who takes care of the health and reliability of our platform, you'll get to:
- Build operational tooling, automate workflows, improve and monitor infrastructureImprove the observability and traceability of all our services
- Write, review and ship software to improve the availability, scalability, latency, and efficiency of our services
- Engage in service capacity planning, software performance analysis, and system tuning
Depending on your role, you might perform any non-empty combination of these tasks. We also expect and encourage every engineer to join our tech discussions, elaborate processes and build tools that raise the bar of our engineering practices and to take part in the hiring and onboarding of new team members.
YOU SHOULD APPLY IF
- Working with our tech and learning about commerce sounds exciting
- You are keen to learn new concepts and not afraid to adapt to new paradigms
- Working in a team that values initiative and ownership feels right to you
- You are able to design simple solutions to complex problems
- You are willing to question and suggest alternatives to existing approaches
Even though we value familiarity with our technology stack, we don't require that you have any previous knowledge of it. We’ve found that people who have a solid grasp of fundamental software engineering skills combined with a growth mindset fit in well at VTEX - and all the people we've found with this profile proficient in at least one programming stack.
If you like how we think and want to see more about our challenges, let's talk!
- Competitive compensation
- Meal voucher
- Health insurance and dental plan
- Child care assistance
- Gympass (access to 2700+ gyms)
- Language scholarship: 65% subsidies in English, Spanish and French courses
- Free shipping on 2500+ VTEX stores
- And of course, no dress code and HH on Fridays!