New York /
Legal – Legal /
VTS is commercial real estate’s leading leasing, marketing and asset management platform where deals happen and real-time data comes to life. The VTS Platform captures the largest first-party data source in the industry, which delivers real-time insights that fuel faster, more informed decision making and connections throughout the deal and asset lifecycle. VTS Data, the industry’s only forward-looking market dataset, and VTS Market and Marketplace, the industry’s first integrated online marketing solution, give landlords, brokers, and tenants unparalleled visibility into real-time market information and the direct connectivity to execute deals with greater speed and intelligence at every point in the planning, marketing, leasing, and asset management cycle.
More than 60% of Class A commercial space in the US and 12B square feet of commercial real estate globally is managed on the VTS platform. Our user base includes over 45,000 CRE professionals including respected industry leaders like Blackstone, Brookfield Properties, LaSalle Investment Management, Hines, Boston Properties, Oxford Properties, JLL, and CBRE.
We recently made the Forbes Cloud 100 list of the hottest private cloud companies, and were named one of Crain's best places to work! Our headquarters are in NYC, but we have hubs in other major US cities, Toronto, CA, and London, UK.
Learn more at vts.com or follow us on Instagram (@WeAreVTS), Twitter (@WeAreVTS), or LinkedIn.
Are you wondering about how VTS has adapted to a WFH environment? Read our blog post here to find out!
How does this Position help VTS Succeed?
VTS is looking for a commercial contracts attorney. The Commercial Counsel has a passion for working on sophisticated technology contracts and driving business in a fast-paced environment. This is a tremendous opportunity to join a growing legal team and add significant value to a dynamic and disruptive company. As a part of this team, you will help make an immediate impact on the organization and be part of its fun culture. This challenging role encompasses a broad range of legal matters and includes drafting, negotiating and advising on strategic agreements with enterprise customers.
What Makes This Job Awesome?
- Work closely with the VTS Team, clients and vendors to guide contracts through review, negotiation and signing
- Draft, review and negotiate a variety of commercial agreements, including sales contracts involving nuanced global data protection and privacy issues, intellectual property and risk management.
- Structure, draft and negotiate a high volume and broad range of sales agreements
- Work with and provide actionable advice to business executives and other internal stake-holders on a broad range of complex legal, business and strategic issues as they arise.
- Research legal issues, draft and update templates, policies, playbooks and other projects as needed.
What Makes You A Great Fit?
- 4+ years of relevant legal experience, some law firm experience preferred.
- Accredited law degree and a Bar membership required
- Strong transactional background, with experience in negotiating, drafting and advising clients on technology-related commercial contracts, including multi-jurisdictional transactions.
- Significant breadth of knowledge and experience handling US and EU privacy and data protection issues and laws, including HIPAA, HITECH, GDPR.
- Excellent judgement and ability to juggle multiple priorities and manage business expectations in a fast-paced, high growth environment.
- Experience providing legal support on a global scale
- Dedicated to providing top-notch customer service and strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong work ethic and the highest level of integrity and business ethics.
- Experience working in fast-paced technology companies is required; in-house experience strongly desired and previous experience in the legal department of a US listed company preferred;
- Proven ability to provide entrepreneurial, quick-thinking, pragmatic, business-oriented advice and to properly balance risks and business reward with a dedication to superior client service.
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal, and ability to advocate for a position while maintaining a collaborative and open-minded approach.
- Ability to appropriately triage a heavy workflow, setting appropriate priorities with clients and delivering results efficiently.
What VTS Values & How We Show It:
- Strive for Excellence - We know your potential is unlimited. Take advantage of our executive coaches and our training and career development programs available to all employees!
- Be Customer Obsessed - We’re employee obsessed too! VTS offers competitive compensation, comprehensive health benefits (including dental and vision), pre-tax commuter benefits, and a 401(k) plan. Not to mention the fun stuff - monthly happy hours, wellness events, clubs, and team lunches!
- Be Curious - Benefit from a culture that promotes new learning. VTS offers an education stipend to all employees!
- Move as One - We work in an open floor plan to promote cross-functional collaboration.
- Take Ownership - Be an owner of the company you’re building with our equity packages.
- Appreciate the Difference - VTS embraces and celebrates diversity. We understand the importance of a strong work-life balance. We offer a flexible PTO policy, generous family leave program, and more!
VTS embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.