Director of Recruiting
People – Recruiting
VTS is changing the way that commercial real estate (CRE) is done - disrupting a $15 trillion dollar industry by becoming the modern operating system for CRE. We invented the category of leasing and asset management, which allows landlords and brokers to manage their entire leasing process to maximize revenue and performance. Our success shows in our numbers - we’ve grown 123% annually since 2013, and today we have over 10 billion square feet of commercial space managed on VTS, and we’ve expanded to ~200 employees globally. It’s an exciting time to join the VTS team as we continue to scale!
Our headquarters are in NYC, but we have hubs in other major US cities, Toronto, CA and London, UK.
Learn more at vts.com or @WeAreVTS
ABOUT THE ROLE:
As Director of Recruiting you will lead a super talented recruitment team of recruiters, sourcers, and coordinators partnering to deliver high-quality talent across multiple core business functions at VTS.
In partnership with the People Team, the successful candidate will be responsible for optimizing the recruitment team structure and processes, growing the capabilities of the team, continuing to build a unique employment brand and an engaging candidate experience; and being a true advisor to VTS’ business leaders.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Manage, lead and develop a current team of ~6 cross-functional, high performing recruitment professionals through mentorship and coaching:
- Create and share best practices within your team, as well as broadly within the organization to ensure that VTS’ recruiting is highly effective and valued.
- Be an SME, trusted advisor, and coach to senior business leaders on:
- Recruitment and talent / workforce strategies; including learning opportunities for hiring managers, ensuring best and leading-edge practices.
- Effective interviewing strategies and value of both in-house and search firm capabilities.
- In conjunction with other members of the People team, bring clarity to organizational design, compensation structure and role design needs for both internal and external talent
- Maintain and communicate recruitment effectiveness metric tool, track hiring goals vs actual hires and report to leaders in a timely fashion.
- As a skilled and top recruiter, you will lead executive recruitment efforts
- Both you and your team will build robust talent pipelines that tap into targeted universities, companies, regions and technical communities.
- Create an exceptional candidate experience that represents VTS’ employee experience
- Strong presenter, demonstrating the aptitude of communicating clearly and effectively to upper management and all levels across departments
- In-house talent acquisition / recruiting experience required
- 10 plus years of professional experience that includes:
- 5 years leading talent acquisition in a fast-growing business
- 5 years of experience leading a large team
- Working knowledge of diversity best practices and implementation of diversity strategy into the company recruiting processes that drives results in this area
- Proven ability to play “high and low”, operating at both a strategic and tactical level with ease and often
- Gets things done, with both a short and long-term view in mind
- Pragmatic and outcome-oriented, leveraging data to make decisions
- Thrives in a fast-paced, agile environment with exceptional organizational skills and ability to re-prioritize on a consistent basis
- Highly collaborative with people with the ability to build relationships quickly
- Undergraduate degree in business, human resources or equivalent professional experience preferred. MBA or related graduate-level work/degree a plus.
WE TAKE CARE OF YOU:
- Competitive compensation packages, including equity
- Great medical, vision, dental, and commuter benefits
- Fantastic location with easy walk to most major subway lines (Times SQ)
- Generous family policies
- Training and career development programs for everyone
- A company that embraces and celebrates diversity
- 401K plan
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Team lunches, company happy hours, ample snacks and drinks
VTS embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.