Custom Research Analyst
New York /
Research – Research /
VTS is commercial real estate’s leading leasing, marketing and asset management platform where deals happen and real-time data comes to life. The VTS Platform captures the largest first-party data source in the industry, which delivers real-time insights that fuel faster, more informed decision making and connections throughout the deal and asset lifecycle. VTS Data, the industry’s only forward-looking market dataset, and VTS Market and Marketplace, the industry’s first integrated online marketing solution, give landlords, brokers, and tenants unparalleled visibility into real-time market information and the direct connectivity to execute deals with greater speed and intelligence at every point in the planning, marketing, leasing, and asset management cycle.
More than 60% of Class A commercial space in the US and 12B square feet of commercial real estate globally is managed on the VTS platform. Our user base includes over 45,000 CRE professionals including respected industry leaders like Blackstone, Brookfield Properties, LaSalle Investment Management, Hines, Boston Properties, Oxford Properties, JLL, and CBRE.
We recently made the Forbes Cloud 100 list of the hottest private cloud companies, and were named one of Crain's best places to work! Our headquarters are in NYC, but we have hubs in other major US cities, Toronto, CA, and London, UK.
Learn more at vts.com or follow us on Instagram (@WeAreVTS), Twitter (@WeAreVTS), or LinkedIn.
Are you wondering about how VTS has adapted to a WFH environment? Read our blog post here to find out!
How does this Position help VTS Succeed?
Our mission is to be Commercial Real Estate’s modern operating system, the place where deals happen, customer relationships are nourished, and real-time market data comes to life. We're growing at an incredible pace and are looking for a talented Custom Research Analyst to join the team.
The Custom Research Analyst will help grow the differentiated VTS research function, build and maintain a competitive advantage in the marketplace through deep local data expertise and analysis.
Your responsibility will be to contribute to the market research function and outputs for the local commercial real estate market. You will work closely with the local Market Research lead and internal and external research colleagues on a daily basis. In addition, this role will also work in close collaboration with our Product and Sales teams to ensure alignment on core growth strategies.
What Makes This Job Awesome?
- Management of monthly client reporting and customization processes for our new VTS Data product. Responsible for managing our robust market dataset; filling gaps and enriching existing data where needed
- Full oversight of local market research product customization. Create cutting-edge deliverables based on client and internal stakeholder inputs
- Contribute to the VTS market research function in the NYC market by mastering our industry-leading, proprietary dataset
- Maintain knowledge of the trends and data affecting the local commercial real estate marketplace and leveraging that for the improvement of the VTS Data product
- Contribute to client presentations by working with product and sales teams to assemble, analyze, interpret and disseminate market intelligence with a focus on local CRE market fundamentals
- Must be responsive to multiple internal and external constituencies—sales professionals, product teams, engineers, management, real estate associations, and clients
- Provide analytical and execution support for global, domestic, and regional research initiatives as needed
What Makes You a Great Fit?
- Bachelor’s degree and/or 2-3 years professional experience in commercial real estate research or a elated role
- Passion for commercial real estate research with an ongoing commitment to mastering market-level dynamics. Knowledge of research and data analytics and outputs
- Experience working with large data sets utilizing advanced skills such as VLOOKUPS and pivot tables
- Strong quantitative skill set with an ability to identify new insights and trends through new and previously unavailable data and industry metrics
- Collaborative attitude and willingness to both work independently and as part of a dynamic team
- Strong organizational and analytical skills. Ability to provide efficient, timely, reliable and courteous service to clients and internal stakeholders
- Team player mindset. Able to work across cross-functional groups within our Research, Product, Marketing, PR, Operations and leadership teams to achieve company goals and create exceptional results
- Can oversee multiple projects or assigned tasks, determine priorities and develop a through-line to completion, including harnessing the right resources and collaborating along the way
- Ability to skillfully maneuver through uncertainty and shifting priorities
What VTS Values & How We Show It:
- Strive for Excellence - We know your potential is unlimited. Take advantage of our executive coaches and our training and career development programs available to all employees!
- Be Customer Obsessed - We’re employee obsessed too! VTS offers competitive compensation, comprehensive health benefits (including dental and vision), pre-tax commuter benefits, and a 401(k) plan. Not to mention the fun stuff - monthly happy hours, wellness events, clubs, and team lunches!
- Be Curious - Benefit from a culture that promotes new learning. VTS offers an education stipend to all employees!
- Move as One - We work in an open floor plan to promote cross-functional collaboration.
- Take Ownership - Be an owner of the company you’re building with our equity packages.
- Appreciate the Difference - VTS embraces and celebrates diversity. We understand the importance of a strong work-life balance. We offer a flexible PTO policy, generous family leave program, and more!
VTS embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.