Senior Director, Solutions and Sales Strategy
Sales – Strategic Sales
VTS is changing the way that commercial real estate (CRE) is done - disrupting a $15 trillion dollar industry by becoming the modern operating system for CRE. We invented the category of leasing and asset management, which allows landlords and brokers to manage their entire leasing process to maximize revenue and performance. Our success shows in our numbers - we’ve grown 123% annually since 2013, and today we have over 10 billion square feet of commercial space managed on VTS, and we’ve expanded to ~200 employees globally. It’s an exciting time to join the VTS team as we continue to scale!
Our headquarters are in NYC, but we have hubs in other major US cities, Toronto, CA and London, UK.
Learn more at vts.com or @WeAreVTS
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Senior Director, Sales Strategy will lead VTS’s Solutions Engineering team and be responsible for 3rd Party Partner relationships. The Solutions Engineering team is comprised of customer-facing technical product and industry experts who effectively describe and demonstrate our solution, as well as promote our vision and approach to enterprises of all sizes and strategies. In addition, the Senior Director, Sales Strategy will be the primary liaison to the Product team to drive Customer and Prospect feedback into the product roadmap. The ideal candidate will have previous leadership experience as a member of a corporate sales team and a career track record of supporting SaaS business application sales.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Recruit, hire, and onboard new Solutions Engineers
- Provide technical and business leadership for the SE organization
- Responsible for training and mentoring the Solutions Engineers
- Work with Product Marketing to continuously evolve a demo environment that effectively tells all VTS stories and provides proof of the outcomes that will be delivered
- Build tools that ensure discovery is a collaboration between Sales, Solutions, Client Success and Product Development and never stops throughout the entire customer journey
- Serve as the main technical lead on sales calls and educate the Solutions Engineers, Sales Managers, Customers and 3rd Party Partners on issues ranging from product features, technology, functionalities and new offerings
- Coach our sales organization through sales strategies, prospecting and post-mortems (win/loss reporting) to ensure continuous alignment and learning within the sales organization.
- Manage Partner relationships to maximize the value of our partnerships
- Maintain technical blockers database, and evaluate and prioritize requests for product changes and enhancements
- Prioritize Customer requirements and present business case to the Product Development team for feature requests
- Closely monitor all Proof-of-Concepts (PoC) assigned to the SE team or managed by a Partner to ensure the highest success rate
- Work cross functionally with Customer Success, Product Management, Engineering, and other organizations to ensure alignment with the field
- Provide proactive insights to the Sales Leadership team to continuously improve deal velocity and outcomes
- 3+ years of previous successful sales engineering leadership experience is essential
- 5+ years as a successful individual contributor sales engineering
- Strong communication (written and verbal) and presentation skills ranging from tech level up to senior executives
- Comfort in public speaking and presenting to both internal and external executive audiences
- Solid track record in building, developing and recruiting high-performance teams based on a large network of talent in the security software industry
- You enjoy identifying areas for improvement and providing solutions to solve them
- You thrive in an evolving environment, where you are key to providing structure
- You take complete ownership of your job
- When you present, people listen. Whether online or in-person, you generate interest, attention, and outcomes
- Details matter to you, but always in the context of the bigger picture
- You are equally comfortable delivering clear messages to technical and non-technical audiences
- You combine deep business acumen with an entrepreneurial mindset
- You assimilate technologies easily, gaining a deep understanding of products and the toolkit used to support our sales team
- You have a deep understanding of enterprise technology sales methodologies and the challenges
WE TAKE CARE OF YOU
- Competitive compensation packages, including equity
- Great medical, vision, dental, and commuter benefits
- Fantastic location with easy walk to most major subway lines (Times SQ)
- Generous family policies
- Training and career development programs for everyone
- A company that embraces and celebrates diversity
- 401K plan
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Team lunches, company happy hours, ample snacks and drinks
VTS embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.