Senior Software Engineer, VTS Market
Engineering – Engineering /
VTS is changing the way that commercial real estate (CRE) is done—disrupting a $15 trillion industry by becoming the modern operating system for CRE. We invented the category of leasing and asset management, which allows landlords and brokers to take their entire leasing process online to maximize revenue and performance. Last year, we launched the fastest adopted new product in proptech, VTS Market. Rise Buildings by VTS is leading an entirely new category of software - tenant experience. We also recently launched VTS Data, already getting front-page references in the Wall Street Journal and quoted by Reuters, The Real Deal, Commercial Observer, and many more. Our success shows in our numbers—we hit "Unicorn" status in 2019 and today we have over 12 billion square feet of commercial space managed on VTS on 80,000 buildings in 34 countries, and we’ve expanded to over 400 employees globally. It’s an exciting time to join the VTS team as we continue to grow rapidly and break records.
Our headquarters are in NYC, but we have major hubs in other cities including Chicago, IL, Toronto, CA, and London, UK.
Learn more at vts.com, risebuildings.com, or follow us on Instagram (@WeAreVTS), Twitter (@WeAreVTS), or LinkedIn.
Are you wondering about how VTS has adapted to a WFH environment? Read our blog post here to find out
How does this Position help VTS Succeed
- We're growing at an incredible pace even during these uncertain times and are continuing to scale out our Toronto office. You’ll be a key contributor to our goal of accelerating the way space providers and occupiers plan, market, lease and manage space. As such, you will:
- Work closely with engineers, product managers, designers, QA, and other business partners to discover and solve challenges for our customers
- Collaborate with other engineers to incrementally craft high quality products and APIs for our customers (we deploy multiple times a day)
- Have organization wide impact through your work, departmental initiatives like brown bags and recruiting, being a mentor or on-boarding buddy, etc.
What Makes You a Great Fit?
- Experience delivering high-quality web applications for the consumer or enterprise
- Demonstrable experience building web applications with Ruby on Rails and React
- Strongly values automated testing and implements good testing practices
- Practitioner and evangelist of agile software process and software design (experience with scrum, Kanban, etc)
- Experience architecting solutions to problems in a thoughtful way - limiting number of technologies, ability to justify decisions, can articulate tradeoffs well, etc
- Experience collaborating with other engineers towards a common goal, leveraging code reviews, architecture design reviews, TDD, pairing, etc.
- Experience working closely with product managers and designers - strong customer empathy and desire to deliver a high-quality user experience
- Experience presenting technical projects and problems to non-technical folks and the ability to explain and justify the business reasons
What VTS Values & How We Show It:
- Strive for Excellence - We know your potential is unlimited. Take advantage of our executive coaches and our training and career development programs available to all employees!
- Be Customer Obsessed - We’re employee obsessed too! VTS offers competitive compensation, comprehensive health benefits (including dental and vision), pre-tax commuter benefits, and a 401(k) plan. Not to mention the fun stuff - monthly happy hours, wellness events, clubs, and team lunches!
- Be Curious - Benefit from a culture that promotes new learning. VTS offers an education stipend to all employees!
- Move as One - We work in an open floor plan to promote cross-functional collaboration.
- Take Ownership - Be an owner of the company you’re building with our equity packages.
- Appreciate the Difference - VTS embraces and celebrates diversity. We understand the importance of a strong work-life balance. We offer a flexible PTO policy, generous family leave program, and more!
VTS is proud to operate an equal opportunity workplace. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals and are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of gender identity or expression, race, ethnic origin, creed, place of origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know.