Manager, Business Analytics
New York /
Business Operations – Business Operations /
VTS is changing the way that commercial real estate (CRE) is done—disrupting a $15 trillion industry by becoming the modern operating system for CRE. We invented the category of leasing and asset management, which allows landlords and brokers to take their entire leasing process online to maximize revenue and performance. Last year, we launched the fastest adopted new product in proptech, VTS Market. Rise Buildings by VTS is leading an entirely new category of software - tenant experience. We also recently launched VTS Data, already getting front-page references in the Wall Street Journal and quoted by Reuters, The Real Deal, Commercial Observer, and many more. Our success shows in our numbers—we hit "Unicorn" status in 2019 and today we have over 12 billion square feet of commercial space managed on VTS on 80,000 buildings in 34 countries, and we’ve expanded to over 400 employees globally. It’s an exciting time to join the VTS team as we continue to grow rapidly and break records.
Our headquarters are in NYC, but we have major hubs in other cities including Chicago, IL, Toronto, CA, and London, UK.
Learn more at vts.com, risebuildings.com, or follow us on Instagram (@WeAreVTS), Twitter (@WeAreVTS), or LinkedIn.
Are you wondering about how VTS has adapted to a WFH environment? Read our blog post here to find out
How Does This Position Help VTS Succeed?
The Business Analytics’ team mission is to help VTS make better data-driven decisions faster. We enable our business users to gain actionable insights and deliver client value through a combination of reporting and analysis.
We are looking for an experienced leader to join our Business Analytics team and lead a team of analysts in transforming, analyzing, and understanding the usage of our growing product portfolio. As the Manager of the team, you will also be hands-on in performing analysis, creating business intelligence reports, and “leveling up” data usage across the entire company. You will develop a deep understanding of our business, clients and users, as well as our data models across our product suite, and be a thought partner for how our data can be used to meet our business objectives and accelerate growth. You will collaborate directly with key departments internally, including sales, customer success, marketing, product, and our leadership team in a fast-paced environment.
This is the perfect opportunity for someone with a proven track record in business intelligence and data analytics, with extensive experience translating ambiguous business questions into data-driven recommendations.
What Makes This Job Awesome?
- Mentor, coach, and support a team of analysts to ensure their success and growth at VTS. Advise on how to structure scalable reporting and/or analysis by sharing best practices and reviewing the work done by fellow team members
- Act as the main analytics partner for different departments to understand their goals, define success metrics, identify tracking needed to answer any questions, build insightful reporting, and provide recommendations
- Communicate key insights and recommendations to cross-functional executive leaders across the organization
- Support company-wide efforts to improve data quality, accessibility, and governance. You’ll help build out systems to make data more open, empowering end users to do their own analysis. You’ll create trainings to teach VTS employees on how to not just extract data but to also use it to make data-driven decisions
- Collaborate closely with data engineering and data science on data governance and data modeling projects
- Be responsible for identifying data bug issues or lack of data collection and communicate these issues with Product and Data Analytics Engineering teams to identify and prioritize the fix
- Help evaluate analytics tools and services to best meet the needs of the organization. You’ll help support and maintain these products, implementing changes to improve their functionality
What Makes You A Great Fit?
- 6+ years of relevant experience in data analysis, ideally in a B2B or software industry
- Exceptional SQL skills, with experience manipulating data on a MPP warehouse (ideally Snowflake or a similar MPP data-warehouse technology)
- Hands-on experience in translating data into insightful visualizations with self-service visualization tools (ideally Looker and/or Tableau)
- Exposure to a variety of data sets including marketplace, subscription, and large-scale event data (e.g. Mixpanel, Pendo, Segment, or Snowplow)
- Demonstrated background in working with datasets from disparate sources to gain insights that would otherwise be difficult to observe
- Experience managing and developing a team of data/business analysts
- A service-oriented ethos, strong business acumen and a demonstrated curiosity to solve problems
- Strong organizational skills and superb capabilities with managing multiple high-priority projects simultaneously and successfully
- A passion for building valued relationships with other teams with a proven track record of working cross-functionally in a high-growth environment
- An analytical and results-focused mindset, coupled with a creative make-it-happen spirit
- An understanding of commercial real estate a BIG plus
What VTS Values & How We Show It:
- Strive for Excellence - We know your potential is unlimited. Take advantage of our executive coaches and our training and career development programs available to all employees!
- Be Customer Obsessed - We’re employee obsessed too! VTS offers competitive compensation, comprehensive health benefits (including dental and vision), pre-tax commuter benefits, and a 401(k) plan. Not to mention the fun stuff - monthly happy hours, wellness events, clubs, and team lunches!
- Be Curious - Benefit from a culture that promotes new learning. VTS offers an education stipend to all employees!
- Move as One - We work in an open floor plan to promote cross-functional collaboration.
- Take Ownership - Be an owner of the company you’re building with our equity packages.
- Appreciate the Difference - VTS embraces and celebrates diversity. We understand the importance of a strong work-life balance. We offer a flexible PTO policy, generous family leave program, and more!
VTS embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.