Senior Product Designer
New York or Toronto /
Product – Product Design /
VTS is commercial real estate’s leading leasing, marketing and asset management platform where deals happen and real-time data comes to life. The VTS Platform captures the largest first-party data source in the industry, which delivers real-time insights that fuel faster, more informed decision making and connections throughout the deal and asset lifecycle. VTS Data, the industry’s only forward-looking market dataset, and VTS Market and Marketplace, the industry’s first integrated online marketing solution, give landlords, brokers, and tenants unparalleled visibility into real-time market information and the direct connectivity to execute deals with greater speed and intelligence at every point in the planning, marketing, leasing, and asset management cycle.
More than 60% of Class A commercial space in the US and 12B square feet of commercial real estate globally is managed on the VTS platform. Our user base includes over 45,000 CRE professionals including respected industry leaders like Blackstone, Brookfield Properties, LaSalle Investment Management, Hines, Boston Properties, Oxford Properties, JLL, and CBRE.
We recently made the Forbes Cloud 100 list of the hottest private cloud companies, and were named one of Crain's best places to work! Our headquarters are in NYC, but we have hubs in other major US cities, Toronto, CA, and London, UK.
Learn more at vts.com or follow us on Instagram (@WeAreVTS), Twitter (@WeAreVTS), or LinkedIn.
Are you wondering about how VTS has adapted to a WFH environment? Read our blog post here to find out!
How does this Position help VTS Succeed?
The Senior Product Designer role at VTS comes with a high degree of responsibility, ownership, and acclaim.
You will work in a cross-functional team of Product Management, Engineering, and QA to conduct discovery, prototype solutions, and deliver highly-attuned customer experiences.
Designers at VTS are expected to research, validate, and deliver workflow, analysis, and data insights initiatives across web and mobile platforms. You must be quick to learn the CRE domain, collaborate well in cross-functional settings, and communicate articulately.
What Makes This Job Awesome?
- Design products that work seamlessly together within our platform, accounting for larger application structure, hierarchy and context, across all users and permissions.
- Employ research methodologies and exercises to build deep empathy for our customer motivations, goals, jobs to be done, and the larger systems in which they operate.
- Proactively pitch ideas, and exhibit strong written and verbal communication skills, contributing design process and strategies to your squad and the Design team.
- Lead the design and application of ambitious patterns that greatly reduce redundancy and debt, factor high-impact aesthetic, and improve the user experience by closely aligning it to customer outcomes.
- Be a leader on your squad and within the Design team, with Player/Coach opportunities to manage 1-2 Designers.
What Makes You a Great Fit?
- Have a degree in Design (Product, Interactive, Digital, etc.), or a related field.
- Have prior experience as a Senior Product Designer in web and mobile applications, with bonus points for enterprise and financial software.
- Have a strong portfolio showcasing your best work and demonstrating process, usability principles, and research methodologies.
- Have clear and concise written and verbal communication skills, and ability to rationalize design decisions with Design and non-Design stakeholders alike.
What VTS Values & How We Show It:
- Strive for Excellence - We know your potential is unlimited. Take advantage of our executive coaches and our training and career development programs available to all employees!
- Be Customer Obsessed - We’re employee obsessed too! VTS offers competitive compensation, comprehensive health benefits (including dental and vision), pre-tax commuter benefits, and a 401(k) plan. Not to mention the fun stuff - monthly happy hours, wellness events, clubs, and team lunches!
- Be Curious - Benefit from a culture that promotes new learning. VTS offers an education stipend to all employees!
- Move as One - We work in an open floor plan to promote cross-functional collaboration.
- Take Ownership - Be an owner of the company you’re building with our equity packages.
- Appreciate the Difference - VTS embraces and celebrates diversity. We understand the importance of a strong work-life balance. We offer a flexible PTO policy, generous family leave program, and more!
VTS embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.