Research Manager- Chicago
Research – Research /
VTS is changing the way that commercial real estate (CRE) is done—disrupting a $15 trillion industry by becoming the modern operating system for CRE. We invented the category of leasing and asset management, which allows landlords and brokers to take their entire leasing process online to maximize revenue and performance. Last year, we launched the fastest adopted new product in proptech, VTS Market. Rise Buildings by VTS is leading an entirely new category of software - tenant experience. We also recently launched VTS Data, already getting front-page references in the Wall Street Journal and quoted by Reuters, The Real Deal, Commercial Observer, and many more. Our success shows in our numbers—we hit "Unicorn" status in 2019 and today we have over 12 billion square feet of commercial space managed on VTS on 80,000 buildings in 34 countries, and we’ve expanded to over 400 employees globally. It’s an exciting time to join the VTS team as we continue to grow rapidly and break records.
Our headquarters are in NYC, but we have major hubs in other cities including Chicago, IL, Toronto, CA, and London, UK.
Learn more at vts.com, risebuildings.com, or follow us on Instagram (@WeAreVTS), Twitter (@WeAreVTS), or LinkedIn.
Are you wondering about how VTS has adapted to a WFH environment? Read our blog post here to find out
How does this Position help VTS Succeed?
Our mission is to be Commercial Real Estate’s modern operating system, the place where deals happen, customer relationships are nourished, and real-time market data comes to life. We're growing at an incredible pace and are looking for a talented Senior Market Research Manager, Chicago to join the team.
The Research Manager, Chicago will help grow the differentiated VTS research function, build and maintain a competitive advantage in the marketplace through deep local market expertise, analysis, and insight.
Your responsibility will be to oversee the market research function and outputs for the local commercial real estate market. You will track and analyze trends and be the authority on fundamentals (demand, occupancy, inventory, rents, etc.) and market participants (owners, occupiers, brokers). You will work closely with our Market Research lead, internal and external research colleagues, brokerage professionals and investor clients on a daily basis. In addition, this role will also work in close collaboration with our internal Product and Sales teams to ensure alignment on core growth strategies.
What Makes This Job Awesome?
- Complete oversight and responsibility for the local market research function in the (Market), with core competency within the office sector. Function as SME for the (Market) in client and internal presentations
- Maintain intimate and extensive knowledge of the factors affecting the local commercial real estate marketplace and leverage this knowledge for the business and for clients
- Contribute to client presentations by working with product and sales teams to assemble, analyze, interpret and disseminate market intelligence with a focus on local CRE market fundamentals
- Manage extensive network of local institutional investor clients and prospects, providing white-glove service to this group with the goal of positioning VTS as the go-to resource for the (Market)
- Stay up to speed on industry trends which influence office space demand (post-COVID usage, densification and workplace trends, urban vs urban/hub and spoke models, etc.)
- Must be responsive to multiple internal and external constituencies—sales professionals, management, local media, real estate associations, and clients—by providing relevant insights on market conditions and trends
- Provide analytical and execution support for global, domestic, and regional research initiatives as needed
What Makes You a Great Fit?
- Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years professional experience, ideally in commercial real estate research or a related role
- Demonstrated passion for commercial real estate with an ongoing commitment to mastering market-level dynamics. Thorough knowledge of research and data analytics and outputs to benefit our brand and core businesses
- Mastery of public speaking and proven track record of successful in-person presentations
- Strong quantitative skill set with a proven ability to identify new insights and trends through new and previously unavailable data and industry metrics
- Bring an understanding of the institutional investor landscape; a history of high-level interactions with professionals in this space - ideally within the office ownership community - is desired
- Collaborative attitude and willingness to both work independently and as part of a dynamic team
- Strong organizational and analytical skills. Ability to provide efficient, timely, reliable and courteous service to clients and internal stakeholders
- Team player mindset. Able to work across cross-functional groups within our Marketing, PR, Research, Operations and leadership teams to achieve company goals and create exceptional results
- Can oversee multiple projects or assigned tasks, determine priorities and develop a through-line to completion, including harnessing the right resources and collaborating along the way
- Ability to skillfully maneuver through uncertainty and shifting priorities
What VTS Values & How We Show It:
- Strive for Excellence - We know your potential is unlimited. Take advantage of our executive coaches and our training and career development programs available to all employees!
- Be Customer Obsessed - We’re employee obsessed too! VTS offers competitive compensation, comprehensive health benefits (including dental and vision), pre-tax commuter benefits, and a 401(k) plan. Not to mention the fun stuff - monthly happy hours, wellness events, clubs, and team lunches!
- Be Curious - Benefit from a culture that promotes new learning. VTS offers an education stipend to all employees!
- Move as One - We work in an open floor plan to promote cross-functional collaboration.
- Take Ownership - Be an owner of the company you’re building with our equity packages.
- Appreciate the Difference - VTS embraces and celebrates diversity. We understand the importance of a strong work-life balance. We offer a flexible PTO policy, generous family leave program, and more!
VTS embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.