Lidl Eesti Purchasing Manager
Tallinn, Estonia /
Manager position /
Our client is Lidl Eesti OÜ, which is part of successful Lidl international chain of grocery stores and have been expanding strongly throughout Europe for over 40 years. Today, Lidl operates over 13,000 stores in 32 countries with over 290 000 employees worldwide. Lidl has a history of cultivating relationships with local suppliers in each region to offer our customers high quality products at the lowest prices. They’ve recently expanded to the United States and Latvia and are striving to be a time saving, life-enhancing grocery store where you love to shop. Lidl is expanding rapidly in the Baltics States. Today they have 61 grocery stores in Lithuania.
Lidl Eesti is looking for experienced and dedicated
who will be responsible for planning, managing, and controlling the calculation process, and for the ongoing quality control and testing of the agreed quality of the commodity groups branded with our own brand in their area of responsibility. Purchasing Manager is hands-on position in a rapidly expanding global company responsible for optimal assortment and pricing of products within the best possible price/quality ratio.
Main tasks and responsibilities
- Identification of required assortment products.
- Search of new suppliers, preparation and conduct of negotiations with national suppliers.
- Participation in the development of negotiation strategies with country-level suppliers in coordination with the Head and, where appropriate, international purchasing department.
- Product development.
- Communication with the packaging department and supporting of them, e.g. in reviewing and validating declarations.
- Determination of the sales price in agreement with the manager and implementation and monitoring of the sales price on an ongoing basis.
- Taking part in preparation of the contracts and responsibility for them
- Management of contracts and implementation of the outcome of negotiations.
- Processing international purchasing notices and commodity agreements.
- Working with company documentation.
- Market analysis and assortment development & management.
- Preparation of assortment analyses and product groups.
- Taking part in regular product tastings and quality assurance of traded articles in coordination with the quality assurance management unit.
- Checking and approving of leaflets.
- Ensuring ongoing communication and coordination with suppliers.
- Transnational exchange of information on product data.
- Communication and collaboration with Purchasing INT and other countries.
- Ensuring ongoing communication with the sales and other departments, problems’ solving.
- Constant price checking and sales price adjustments.
Expected knowledge and experience
- 4+ years of experience in purchasing manager position.
- At least 2+ years of experience in senior purchasing manager position.
- Bachelor’s or equal degree, preferred in the field of commercial area, business administration or economics.
- Ability to work independently and in the team on a high level of expertise.
- Extensive knowledge of purchasing market in Estonia and abroad.
- Previous extensive experience in carrying out market research and analysing market trends.
- Ability and skills to be active part in creating better processes and procedures for Lidl Eesti purchasing teamwork.
- Very good process management skills.
- Willingness to work for fast-paced retail sector.
- Must have driving licence.
- Very good knowledge of MS-Office.
For applying to this position please send your motivational letter and CV in English as soon as possible but latest by the 18th of May 2022 to firstname.lastname@example.org. For additional information, do not hesitate to call Evelin Tatter +372 511 2062.