IT System Administration
Toronto, ON /
Operations – Technology Services /
Waabi, founded by AI pioneer and visionary Raquel Urtasun, is an AI company building the next generation of self-driving technology. With a world class team and an innovative approach that unleashes the power of AI to “drive” safely in the real world, Waabi is bringing the promise of self-driving closer to commercialization than ever before. Waabi is backed by best-in-class investors across the technology, logistics and the Canadian innovation ecosystem.
With offices in Toronto and San Francisco, Waabi is growing quickly and looking for diverse, innovative and collaborative candidates who want to impact the world in a positive way.
To learn more visit: www.waabi.ai
- Partner alongside with a multidisciplinary team of Engineers and Research scientists working to develop the next generation AI-first technologies that will enable safe self-driving at scale.
- Pragmatically balance short term tactical work with long term strategy as we rapidly scale out our IT operations and grow the company. Deal with any emergencies, then establish efficient processes so they don’t happen again.
- Procure and manage the lifecycle of a large fleet of laptops, high powered workstations and other computing equipment.
- Maintain relationships with vendors and service providers. Negotiate pricing with suppliers and ensure that people have the equipment they need to be successful on time and within budget.
- Help resolve support issues when they happen and be proactive about removing roadblocks before they happen.
- Manage and configure a large scale, high performance on-premise network.
- Work in collaboration with Engineering and Operations teams to ensure that systems and networks are secure and performant.
- Create a productive working environment for staff while maintaining compliance with company security standards and industry best practices.
- Excellent communication skills with resourceful, customer service mindset.
- Open-minded and collaborative team player with the willingness to take ownership, stay organized, and help others.
- Interested in self-driving technologies, solving hard problems, and creating innovative solutions.
- Proven experience establishing and automating IT processes.
- Experience managing SaaS business applications.
- Familiarity with configuration management tools and shell scripting.
- Working knowledge of layer 2 and layer 3 networking: firewalls, high performance routing, client and site to site VPN, WAN optimization.
- You will be required to engage in physical activities within reasonable accommodation. Some tasks may require - lifting and moving material up to 50~ pounds each, bending, lifting, stretching and reaching both below the waist and above the head, frequent walking in the facilities, ascending and descending ladders, stairs, and hallways.
Bonus/nice to have:
- Experience with Juniper JUNOS, Cisco IOS or similar.
- Experience with Single Sign-On (SSO), User Provisioning and Governance Tools, Identity and Access Management (IAM).
- Experience managing Apple devices at scale.
- Experience managing conference rooms and video-conferencing equipment.
Waabi provides a competitive benefits package that includes:
- Competitive compensation and equity awards
- Health and Wellness benefits encompassing Medical, Dental and Vision coverage
- Unlimited Vacation
- Flexible hours and Work from Home support
- Daily drinks, snacks and catered meals (when in office)
- Regularly scheduled team building activities and social events both on-site, off-site & virtually.
- World-class facility that includes a gym, games room (ping pong table, video game consoles, board games,etc), multiple collaborative working spaces and a gorgeous patio!(when in office)
- As we grow, this list continues to evolve!
Waabi is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and is committed to creating a supportive, inclusive, and accessible environment for all employees. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process please let our recruiting team know.