IT System Administrator
San Francisco, CA /
Operations – Technology Services /
Waabi, founded by AI pioneer and visionary Raquel Urtasun, is an AI company building the next generation of self-driving technology. With a world class team and an innovative approach that unleashes the power of AI to “drive” safely in the real world, Waabi is bringing the promise of self-driving closer to commercialization than ever before. Waabi is backed by best-in-class investors across the technology, logistics and the Canadian innovation ecosystem.
With offices in Toronto and San Francisco, Waabi is growing quickly and looking for diverse, innovative and collaborative candidates who want to impact the world in a positive way.
To learn more visit: www.waabi.ai
We are looking for an individual to join and own IT at Waabi’s San Francisco site with willingness to travel to all current and future sites. The ideal candidate will have startup experience building out multiple sites while ensuring our employees have all the necessary tools to achieve company goals.
- Work with an integrated team and partner with a multidisciplinary team of Engineers and Research scientists working to develop the next generation AI-first technologies that will enable safe self-driving at scale.
- Identify and act on opportunities to improve processes and systems.
- Work with an international IT team to create policies, standards and enforce them across all sites.
- Create site disaster recovery plans and ensure policies, procedures are followed.
- Procure and manage the lifecycle of a large fleet of laptops, high powered workstations and other computing equipment.
- Maintain relationships with vendors and negotiate pricing, contracts.
- Track and manage site related expenses, assets.
- Manage ticket workflow through multiple channels including email, IM, verbal requests.
- Manage and configure a large throughput, high performance on-premise network.
- Work in collaboration with Engineering and Operations teams to ensure that systems and networks are secure and performant.
- Create a productive working environment for staff while maintaining compliance with company security standards and industry best practices.
- Excellent communication skills with resourceful, customer service mindset.
- Open-minded and collaborative team player with the willingness to take ownership, stay organized, and help others.
- Interested in self-driving technologies, solving hard problems, and creating innovative solutions.
- Proven experience establishing and automating IT processes.
- Experience managing SaaS business applications.
- Familiarity with configuration management tools and shell scripting.
- Working knowledge of layer 2 and layer 3 networking.
- Working knowledge of firewalls, high performance routing, client and site to site VPN, WAN optimization.
- You will be required to engage in physical activities within reasonable accommodation. Some tasks may require - lifting and moving material up to 50~ pounds each, bending, lifting, stretching and reaching both below the waist and above the head, frequent walking in the facilities, ascending and descending ladders, stairs, and hallways.
Bonus/nice to have:
- Experience with Juniper JUNOS, Cisco IOS, Palo Alto, Fortinet or similar.
- Experience managing hybrid device environments (Mac, Windows, Linux).
Waabi provides a competitive benefits package that includes:
- Competitive compensation and equity awards
- Premium choices for Health and Wellness benefits that include Medical, Vision and Dental coverage
- Unlimited Vacation
- Flexible hours and Work from Home support
- Daily drinks, snacks and catered meals (when in office)
- Regularly scheduled team building activities and social events
- As we grow, this list continues to evolve!
Waabi is a technology start-up building technologies to transform the way the world moves. Join our talented team to be a part of the future and to make an impact!
Waabi is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating a supportive, inclusive, and accessible workplace for all our employees. We seek applicants of all backgrounds and identities, across race, color, ethnicity, national origin or ancestry, age, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, military or veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or parental status, caregiver status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. We make workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process please let our recruiting team know.