Systems Engineer - Validation
San Francisco, CA & Pittsburgh, PA /
SE&T and Safety – Systems & Safety /
- Be part of a team of multidisciplinary Engineers and Research Scientists using an AI-first approach to enable safe self-driving at scale.
- Utilizing modalities such as simulation, closed course and public roads, assess validation output to systems and safety requirements for expected driving behavior.
- Develop pipelines to monitor system performance, partner with development teams to enable rapid feedback.
- Develop and drive issue identification and reporting lifecycle.
- Develop documentation to include release reports, training, and other issue type out briefs to stakeholders.
- Work with the simulation team to validate and improve scenario realism.
- Help drive Waabi’s safety culture through application of safety standards and methodology.
- Undergraduate, Masters or PhD within an engineering discipline.
- 5+ years of automotive, robotics, aerospace or related industry experience.
- Familiarity with different fault and failure mode analysis techniques.
- Strong fundamentals in mathematics, engineering and physics.
- Excellent data analysis skills with modern tools such as Python.
- Open-minded and collaborative team player with the willingness to help others.
- Passionate about self-driving technologies, solving hard problems, and creating innovative solutions.