Senior Software Engineer, Mapping
San Francisco, CA /
Engineering – Software Engineering /
Waabi, founded by AI pioneer and visionary Raquel Urtasun, is an AI company building the next generation of self-driving technology. With a world class team and an innovative approach that unleashes the power of AI to “drive” safely in the real world, Waabi is bringing the promise of self-driving closer to commercialization than ever before. Waabi is backed by best-in-class investors across the technology, logistics and the Canadian innovation ecosystem.
With offices in Toronto and San Francisco, Waabi is growing quickly and looking for diverse, innovative and collaborative candidates who want to impact the world in a positive way.
To learn more visit: www.waabi.ai
- Build the self-driving engineering foundations of our long-term mapping infrastructure.
- Be part of a team of multidisciplinary Engineers and Research Scientists using an AI-first approach to enable safe self-driving at scale.
- Identify requirements, schedule and deploy projects for the next generation technologies for self-driving initiatives.
- Build and automate global-scale maps.
- Utilize Human-in-the-loop ML methods to automate map building; custom labeling, data annotation tools.
- Apply state-of-the-art machine learning and computer vision techniques to extract information from raw data.
- Develop, maintain and improve map change detection and map updates.
- Engineer real-time scalable, highly-available map serving for a fleet of self-driving vehicles.
- Integrate with simulation autonomy software.
- Minimum of 4 years of industry experience in Computer Science, Machine Learning and/or similar technical field(s) of study.
- Solid coding proficiency in Python and C++.
- Open-minded and collaborative team player with the willingness to help others.
- Passionate about self-driving technologies, solving hard problems, and creating innovative solutions.
- Experience with cloud platforms (e.g., AWS/Azure/Google Cloud).
Bonus/nice to have:
- Interest working in a Machine Learning environment (e.g., PyTorch, PyTorch3D, scikit-learn).
- Solid problem solving skills using linear algebra, geometry, statistics & probability.
- Interest and experience with geospatial systems (QGIS, ArcGIS) and 3D geometry.
- Experience working on infrastructure cloud platforms (e.g., AWS, GCP).
- Experience with large-scale data processing systems (e.g., Apache Spark, Airflow).
- Experience with Deep learning frameworks such as PyTorch and TensorFlow.
- Experience with automated testing.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment.
Waabi provides a competitive benefits package that includes:
- Competitive compensation and equity awards
- Premium choices for Health and Wellness benefits that include Medical, Vision and Dental coverage
- Unlimited Vacation
- Flexible hours and Work from Home support
- Daily drinks, snacks and catered meals (when in office)
- Regularly scheduled team building activities and social events
- As we grow, this list continues to evolve!
Waabi is a technology start-up building technologies to transform the way the world moves. Join our talented team to be a part of the future and to make an impact!
Waabi is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating a supportive, inclusive, and accessible workplace for all our employees. We seek applicants of all backgrounds and identities, across race, color, ethnicity, national origin or ancestry, age, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, military or veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or parental status, caregiver status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. We make workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process please let our recruiting team know.