Head of Marketing
Toronto, CAN, San Francisco, CA & Remote - US & Canada /
Business Development & Strategy – Business Development & Strategy /
Waabi, founded by AI pioneer and visionary Raquel Urtasun, is an AI company building the next generation of self-driving technology. With a world class team and an innovative approach that unleashes the power of AI to “drive” safely in the real world, Waabi is bringing the promise of self-driving closer to commercialization than ever before. Waabi is backed by best-in-class investors across the technology, logistics and the Canadian innovation ecosystem.
With offices in Toronto and San Francisco, Waabi is growing quickly and looking for diverse, innovative and collaborative candidates who want to impact the world in a positive way. To learn more visit: www.waabi.ai
- Be part of a multidisciplinary team of Business Development, Product, Researchers and Engineers to uncover core insights to develop and implement marketing and branding strategies for Waabi internal and external products.
- Be responsible for the company’s core marketing strategy to drive product and organizational growth.
- Foundationally build the marketing function and lead a team of marketing and communications professionals who will enhance Waabi's product and solutions.
- Lead the development and execution of go-to-market strategies through product positioning, messaging and operational programs to meet Waabi’s engagement goals.
- Represent and evangelize Waabi’s brand at external trade shows, conferences, events, and speaking engagements.
- Manage conception, development, and implementation of marketing plan and strategies, product concepts, and promotional programs to drive interest and and establish Waabi’s industry thought leadership position.
- Some travel may be required.
- MS/MBA or Bachelors degree with a Minimum 10 years of leadership experience in Marketing, Communications, Advertising and/or similar fields - preferably in technical industries related to Autonomous Vehicles, Trucking, and Automotive.
- Hands-on in nature, creative and a true visionary in how you lead, educate, and inspire product, branding, strategy, social media, communications, and business development .
- Demonstrated ability to build, inspire, mentor, and support a team of marketers, communications experts through inclusive and motivating leadership.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to break-down complex problems into customer-centric marketing strategies.
- Data driven with experience in generating qualitative and quantitative insights.
- Excellent verbal and writing skills by setting the right level of context to internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to communicate directly with senior executives while in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills to effectively collaborate, build trust and develop meaningful relationships.
- Experience with financial models, negotiations, and creating strategic partnerships.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to break-down complex technical, contractual and financial issues.
- Open-minded and collaborative team player with the willingness to help others.
- Passionate about self-driving technologies, building partnerships, and driving results.
- Competitive compensation and equity awards.
- Health and Wellness benefits encompassing Medical, Dental and Vision coverage (for full-time employees only).
- Unlimited Vacation.
- Flexible hours and Work from Home support.
- Daily drinks, snacks and catered meals (when in office).
- Regularly scheduled team building activities and social events both on-site, off-site & virtually.
- As we grow, this list continues to evolve!
Waabi is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and is committed to creating a supportive, inclusive, and accessible environment for all employees. We seek applicants of all backgrounds and identities, across race, color, ethnicity, national origin or ancestry, age, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, military or veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or parental status, caregiver status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. We make workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process please let our recruiting team know.