Systems Engineer - Platforms
San Francisco, CA & Pittsburgh, PA /
SE&T and Safety – Systems & Safety /
- Be part of a team of multidisciplinary engineers within the hardware and software teams focusing on establishing a cohesive system concept for the Vehicle Platform.
- Drive platform architecture, design tradeoff studies, and decisions.
- Capture complex system, platform, and integration requirements.
- Support vehicle commissioning, monitor system performance, drive improvements across teams, and ensure the vehicle can detect and mitigate hardware and software faults that can lead to hazards.
- Help drive Waabi’s safety culture through application of safety standards and methodology.
- Use requirement management tools to create artifacts that can be shared externally with Vehicle Platform OEMs/partners and internally.
- Undergrad / Masters within an engineering discipline.
- 5+ years of automotive, robotics, aerospace or related industry experience.
- Experience with systems engineering in complex automotive, robotics, aerospace or related industry.
- Familiarity with requirements management and related tools.
- Direct impact on the design, development, and launch of a complex product.
- Experience with standards such as ISO26262, DO-254, or UL 4600.
- Strong fundamentals in mathematics, engineering and physics.
- Excellent data analysis skills with modern tools such as Python or Matlab.
- Open-minded and collaborative team player with the willingness to help others.
- Passionate about self-driving technologies, solving hard problems, and creating innovative solutions.