Vehicle Program Manager
Hardware – Hardware Engineering /
Waabi, founded by AI pioneer and visionary Raquel Urtasun, is an AI company building the next generation of self-driving technology. With a world class team and an innovative approach that unleashes the power of AI to “drive” safely in the real world, Waabi is bringing the promise of self-driving closer to commercialization than ever before. Waabi is backed by best-in-class investors across the technology, logistics and the Canadian innovation ecosystem.
With offices in Toronto and San Francisco, Waabi is growing quickly and looking for diverse, innovative and collaborative candidates who want to impact the world in a positive way. To learn more visit: www.waabi.ai
- Collaborate with our OEM partners to develop and implement vehicle programs that meet Waabi’s needs
- Develop and maintain project timelines and budgets, and monitor progress against targets to ensure that projects are completed on time and within budget.
- Manage all aspects of the program, including design, engineering, testing, and manufacturing, to ensure that the vehicle meets all customer requirements.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams, including software engineering, hardware engineering, supply chain management, and quality assurance to ensure that all aspects of the program are aligned and integrated.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders, including customers, Tier1 and sensor suppliers
- Identify and manage risks associated with the program, including technical, schedule, and budget risks, and develop contingency plans as needed.
- Lead program reviews with senior management to ensure that the program is on track and aligned with the company's goals and objectives.
- Manage program budgets, including tracking expenses and identifying opportunities for cost savings.
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends and best practices, and recommend improvements to program management processes and tools to increase efficiency and effectiveness.
- Ensure that all program documentation is complete and up-to-date, including program plans, status reports, and technical documentation.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Engineering, Business, or related field.
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience in program management, preferably in automotive or self-driving vehicle industry.
- Understanding of automotive manufacturing processes and supply chain management.
- Knowledge of autonomous vehicle technology and trends in the industry.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and prioritise tasks effectively.
- Knowledge of Class8 trucks is a plus.
- Ability to travel internationally.
- Proficiency in project management tools and techniques.
- Open-minded and collaborative team player with the willingness to help others.
- Passionate about self-driving technologies, solving hard problems, and creating innovative solutions.
The US yearly salary]range for this role is: $127,000 - $231,000 USD in addition to competitive perks & benefits. Waabi (US) Inc.’s yearly salary ranges are determined based on several factors in accordance with the Company’s compensation practices. The salary base range is reflective of the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Note: The Company provides additional compensation for employees in this role, including equity incentive awards and an annual performance bonus.
- Competitive compensation and equity awards.
- Health and Wellness benefits encompassing Medical, Dental and Vision coverage (for full-time employees only).
- Unlimited Vacation.
- Flexible hours and Work from Home support.
- Daily drinks, snacks and catered meals (when in office).
- Regularly scheduled team building activities and social events both on-site, off-site & virtually.
- As we grow, this list continues to evolve!
Waabi is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and is committed to creating a supportive, inclusive, and accessible environment for all employees. We seek applicants of all backgrounds and identities, across race, color, ethnicity, national origin or ancestry, age, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, military or veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or parental status, caregiver status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. We make workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process please let our recruiting team know.