Toronto, ON /
Engineering – Hardware /
Waabi, founded by AI pioneer and visionary Raquel Urtasun, is an AI company building the next generation of self-driving technology. With a world class team and an innovative approach that unleashes the power of AI to “drive” safely in the real world, Waabi is bringing the promise of self-driving closer to commercialization than ever before. Waabi is backed by best-in-class investors across the technology, logistics and the Canadian innovation ecosystem.
With offices in Toronto and San Francisco, Waabi is growing quickly and looking for diverse, innovative and collaborative candidates who want to impact the world in a positive way.
To learn more visit: www.waabi.ai
- Be part of a team of multidisciplinary Engineers and Research Scientists using an AI-first approach to enable safe self-driving at scale.
- Develop the hardware platform for our autonomous vehicle.
- Gather requirements for reliable and performant high speed connectors and harnesses for AV connectivity.
- Work with suppliers to customize and integrate subcomponents.
- Benchmark the reliability and performance of subcomponents.
- Work closely during vehicle-level builds to troubleshoot issues and provide feedback.
- BS or MS in Electrical or Mechanical engineering or a related discipline.
- Previous industry experience with hardware engineering for autonomous vehicles.
- Working knowledge of electronics, optics, and mechanical design.
- Experience with different sensor technologies (lidar, camera, radar).
- Effective in engaging with multidisciplinary stakeholders and partners.
- Track record of developing a product for production.
- Experience in designing, building, and testing reliable electro-mechanical hardware.
- Experience in creating prototypes and iterating quickly.
- Experience creating and executing test plans to validate design.
- Experience with troubleshooting harness failures, and knowledge of common failure modes and resolutions.
- Experience working with current harness manufacturing standards (IPC-WHMA-A-620 or equivalent).
- Passionate about self-driving technologies, solving hard problems, and creating innovative solutions.
Bonus/nice to have:
- Experience working across entire production pipeline.
- Industry experience in CAD design, and NX.
- Industry experience in drafting and familiarity with GD&T.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment.
Waabi provides a competitive benefits package that includes:
- Competitive compensation and equity awards
- Health and Wellness benefits encompassing Medical, Dental and Vision coverage
- Unlimited Vacation
- Flexible hours and Work from Home support
- Daily drinks, snacks and catered meals (when in office)
- Regularly scheduled team building activities and social events both on-site, off-site & virtually.
- World-class facility that includes a gym, games room (ping pong table, video game consoles, board games,etc), multiple collaborative working spaces and a gorgeous patio!(when in office)
- As we grow, this list continues to evolve!
Waabi is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and is committed to creating a supportive, inclusive, and accessible environment for all employees. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process please let our recruiting team know.