Senior Software Engineer, Infrastructure
Toronto, ON /
Engineering – Software Engineering /
Waabi, founded by AI pioneer and visionary Raquel Urtasun, is an AI company building the next generation of self-driving technology. With a world class team and an innovative approach that unleashes the power of AI to “drive” safely in the real world, Waabi is bringing the promise of self-driving closer to commercialization than ever before. Waabi is backed by best-in-class investors across the technology, logistics and the Canadian innovation ecosystem.
With offices in Toronto and San Francisco, Waabi is growing quickly and looking for diverse, innovative and collaborative candidates who want to impact the world in a positive way.
To learn more visit: www.waabi.ai
- Partner alongside with a multidisciplinary team of Engineers and Research Scientists to develop the next generation AI-first technologies that will enable safe self-driving at scale.
- Work on multiple projects designing, building, deploying tools, systems and infrastructure.
- Manage machine learning infrastructure, model pipelines, training platforms, data infrastructure and ML tools.
- BS, MS/PhD in Computer Science or similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience.
- 5+ years of industry experience.
- Experience working with cloud platforms (i.e., AWS, GCP, Azure).
- Experience with infrastructure as code - Terraform, Cloud Formation, etc.
- Experience in areas of configuration management and system administration.
- Experience in areas of information security.
- Experience with container technologies and container orchestration (i.e., Docker, Kubernetes)
- Experience in CI/CD pipelines, deployment pipelines, and build artifact management.
- Experience in Python, GO, and/or C++ ecosystems.
- Open-minded and collaborative team player with the willingness to help others.
- Passionate about self-driving technologies, solving hard problems, and creating innovative solutions.
Bonus/nice to have:
- Experience in cloud security, threat modeling, and/or vulnerability management.
- Experience in linux performance tuning.
- Experience in ML tools/frameworks such as Kubeflow and MLFlow.
- Experience with building a platform based on service oriented architecture.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment.
Waabi provides a competitive benefits package that includes:
- Competitive compensation and equity awards
- Health and Wellness benefits encompassing Medical, Dental and Vision coverage
- Unlimited Vacation
- Flexible hours and Work from Home support
- Daily drinks, snacks and catered meals (when in office)
- Regularly scheduled team building activities and social events both on-site, off-site & virtually.
- World-class facility that includes a gym, games room (ping pong table, video game consoles, board games,etc), multiple collaborative working spaces and a gorgeous patio!(when in office)
- As we grow, this list continues to evolve!
Waabi is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and is committed to creating a supportive, inclusive, and accessible environment for all employees. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process please let our recruiting team know.