Head of Operations
Dallas / Fort Worth, TX & Remote - US
Operations – Test Operations /
Waabi, founded by AI pioneer and visionary Raquel Urtasun, is an AI company building the next generation of self-driving technology. With a world class team and an innovative approach that unleashes the power of AI to “drive” safely in the real world, Waabi is bringing the promise of self-driving closer to commercialization than ever before. Waabi is backed by best-in-class investors across the technology, logistics and the Canadian innovation ecosystem.
With offices in Toronto and San Francisco, Waabi is growing quickly and looking for diverse, innovative and collaborative candidates who want to impact the world in a positive way. To learn more visit: www.waabi.ai
- Oversee the day-to-day Operations of the Class 8 autonomous trucking fleet across multiple locations, ensuring performance, efficiency, and results.
- Maintain Waabi’s industry-leading operational safety record in all Operational matters
- Set the strategic vision for Operations, establish a clear plan and execution strategy
- Ensure strict compliance with all industry regulations, safety standards, and government requirements.
- Grow an exceptional and diverse team of operations professionals, attracting top talent, and fostering a culture of safety, excellence, innovation, and accountability.
- Set clear performance goals, provide regular feedback, and conduct performance evaluations.
- Utilize data-driven insights to optimize the deployment and utilization of the autonomous vehicle fleet, maximizing efficiency and minimizing downtime.
- Collaborate with Hardware and Supply Chain to ensure the fleet is built and maintained to the highest standards.
- Establish KPIs and metrics to track and analyze operational performance, providing regular reports to senior management. Implement and improve processes to streamline operational efficiency.
- Provide dashboards of performance and consistent, regular reporting of operational matters to the leadership team.
- Implement corrective actions as needed to address performance gaps and areas of improvement.
- Masters degree in a related field or MBA desired.
- Proven track record of at least 7 years in a senior operational leadership role within the transportation, logistics, or autonomous vehicle industry.
- Demonstrated experience in managing large-scale operations, ideally within a technology-driven, high-growth environment.
- In-depth knowledge of autonomous vehicle technology, logistics, and transportation regulations.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with a focus on data-driven decision-making.
- Excellent leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to provide creative solutions to complex operational challenges.
- Open-minded and collaborative team player with the willingness to help others.
- Passionate about self-driving technologies, solving hard problems, and creating innovative solutions.
- Travel requirement: 15-20%.
- Competitive compensation and equity awards.
- Health and Wellness benefits encompassing Medical, Dental and Vision coverage (for full-time employees only).
- Unlimited Vacation.
- Flexible hours and Work from Home support.
- Daily drinks, snacks and catered meals (when in office).
- Regularly scheduled team building activities and social events both on-site, off-site & virtually.
- As we grow, this list continues to evolve!
Waabi is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and is committed to creating a supportive, inclusive, and accessible environment for all employees. We seek applicants of all backgrounds and identities, across race, color, ethnicity, national origin or ancestry, age, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, military or veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or parental status, caregiver status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. We make workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process please let our recruiting team know.