Toronto, CAN, San Francisco, CA & Remote - US & Canada /
People & Places – Talent Acquisition /
Waabi, founded by AI pioneer and visionary Raquel Urtasun, is an AI company building the next generation of self-driving technology. With a world class team and an innovative approach that unleashes the power of AI to “drive” safely in the real world, Waabi is bringing the promise of self-driving closer to commercialization than ever before. Waabi is backed by best-in-class investors across the technology, logistics and the Canadian innovation ecosystem.
With offices in Toronto and San Francisco, Waabi is growing quickly and looking for diverse, innovative and collaborative candidates who want to impact the world in a positive way. To learn more visit: www.waabi.ai
- Help build multidisciplinary teams to enable safe self-driving at scale.
- Own and drive sourcing strategy within the US and Canadian markets: driving hiring strategy, talent map, lead searches, review resumes, pre-screen candidates, schedule, and deliver the best in class candidate experience.
- Partner and collaborate with in-house recruiters and hiring managers to understand headcount needs and create deliverables, timelines, and tracking processes with measurable metrics.
- Maintain data in our Applicant Tracking System (Lever) and use data driven approaches to optimize recruiting pipelines and report on pipeline health.
- Effectively convey Waabi’s mission and culture to candidates.
- Minimum of Bachelor's degree in Business, HR, Communications or similar fields.
- Minimally 2+ years of recruitment experience in a fast paced, high growth environment supporting technical domains such as Software engineering, Hardware Engineering, and/or R&D.
- Excellent verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience using an ATS to source, track and manage candidates ( Lever preferred but not required).
- Strong search experience sourcing candidates on various platforms and crafting boolean search strings/ google x-rays.
- Ability to pull and drive conversations with business partners in regards to pipeline insights.
- Project management experience and proven ability to achieve results in a fast moving, dynamic environment, self motivated and self-directed.
- Experience partnering with a wide variety of clients and senior level business leaders.
- Open-minded and collaborative team player with the willingness to help others.
- Passionate about self-driving technologies, solving hard problems, and creating innovative solutions.
Bonus/nice to have:
- Start-up experience is a huge plus!
- Experience in university intern/co-op recruiting.
- Recruitment experience in both the US and Canada.
- Competitive compensation and equity awards.
- Health and Wellness benefits encompassing Medical, Dental and Vision coverage (for full-time employees only).
- Unlimited Vacation.
- Flexible hours and Work from Home support.
- Daily drinks, snacks and catered meals (when in office).
- Regularly scheduled team building activities and social events both on-site, off-site & virtually.
- As we grow, this list continues to evolve!
Waabi is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and is committed to creating a supportive, inclusive, and accessible environment for all employees. We seek applicants of all backgrounds and identities, across race, color, ethnicity, national origin or ancestry, age, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, military or veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or parental status, caregiver status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. We make workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process please let our recruiting team know.