Senior Software Engineer, Simulation
San Francisco, CA /
Engineering – Software Engineering /
Waabi, founded by AI pioneer and visionary Raquel Urtasun, is an AI company building the next generation of self-driving technology. With a world class team and an innovative approach that unleashes the power of AI to “drive” safely in the real world, Waabi is bringing the promise of self-driving closer to commercialization than ever before. Waabi is backed by best-in-class investors across the technology, logistics and the Canadian innovation ecosystem.
With offices in Toronto and San Francisco, Waabi is growing quickly and looking for diverse, innovative and collaborative candidates who want to impact the world in a positive way.
To learn more visit: www.waabi.ai
- Build reliable and scalable simulation tools and frameworks to support Autonomous Vehicle (AV) development.
- Develop tools to massively scale scenario generation.
- Build orchestration and control software.
- Participate and share ideas in technical and architecture discussions, collaborating with researchers and engineers.
- Advocate and set patterns for software development.
- MS/PhD or Bachelors degree with a minimum of 4 years of industry experience in Computer Science, Robotics and/or similar technical field(s) of study.
- Experience with a variety of backend technologies and languages. Examples: Python, Go, C++, Rust.
- Understanding of test-driven and API-driven development methodologies.
- Experience designing interfaces between systems.
- Experience with system design/architecture, algorithms, data structure design, and low level threading.
- Experience working with internal cross-functional partners/stakeholders when building software frameworks.
- Experience with software performance, optimization, and profiling.
- Experience with concurrency and determinism.
- Open-minded and collaborative team player with willingness to help others.
- Passionate about self-driving technologies, solving hard problems, and creating innovative solutions.
Bonus/nice to have:
- Experience working in parallel computing environments and in emulation at scale.
- Experience building software systems from scratch.
- Experience in robotics or machine learning.
- Experience in automated testing.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment.
Waabi provides a competitive benefits package that includes:
- Competitive compensation and equity awards
- Premium choices for Health and Wellness benefits that include Medical, Vision and Dental coverage
- Unlimited Vacation
- Flexible hours and Work from Home support
- Daily drinks, snacks and catered meals (when in office)
- Regularly scheduled team building activities and social events
- As we grow, this list continues to evolve!
Waabi is a technology start-up building technologies to transform the way the world moves. Join our talented team to be a part of the future and to make an impact!
Waabi is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating a supportive, inclusive, and accessible workplace for all our employees. We seek applicants of all backgrounds and identities, across race, color, ethnicity, national origin or ancestry, age, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, military or veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or parental status, caregiver status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. We make workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process please let our recruiting team know.