Software Engineer, Controls
Toronto, CAN, San Francisco, CA & Remote - US & Canada /
Engineering – Software Engineering /
Waabi, founded by AI pioneer and visionary Raquel Urtasun, is an AI company building the next generation of self-driving technology. With a world class team and an innovative approach that unleashes the power of AI to “drive” safely in the real world, Waabi is bringing the promise of self-driving closer to commercialization than ever before. Waabi is backed by best-in-class investors across the technology, logistics and the Canadian innovation ecosystem.
With offices in Toronto and San Francisco, Waabi is growing quickly and looking for diverse, innovative and collaborative candidates who want to impact the world in a positive way. To learn more visit: www.waabi.ai
Locations: San Francisco - CA, Toronto - ON, & Remote (US & CAN)
- Contribute to the autonomy stack for self-driving initiatives by designing and building controls software and algorithms for robust trajectory tracking.
- Be part of a team of multidisciplinary Engineers and Research Scientists using an AI-first approach to enable safe self-driving at scale.
- Contribute to the development of high-fidelity simulation of trucks using data-driven methods that enable controller evaluation in simulation.
- Implement control systems to optimally manage trajectory for self-driving vehicles.
- Participate and share ideas in technical and architecture discussions.
- Collaborate with researchers and engineers on developing state-of-the-art control systems.
- MS/PhD or Bachelors degree with a minimum of 2 years of industry experience in Computer Science, Robotics and/or similar technical field(s) of study.
- Demonstrated success in implementing vehicle control systems.
- Hands-on experience with trajectory optimization methods (optimal control, MPC).
- Solid understanding of feedback control theory and techniques.
- Deep understanding of vehicle kinematics/dynamics.
- Production-level coding proficiency in C, C++, Rust or similar.
- Ability to rapidly prototype and test new algorithms.
- Solid problem solving skills using linear algebra, geometry, statistics & probability.
- Open-minded and collaborative team player with the willingness to help others.
- Passionate about self-driving technologies, solving hard problems, and creating innovative solutions.
Bonus/nice to have:
- Excellent C++ production quality skills in a Linux or other Unix environment.
- Experience with automated testing.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment.
- Competitive compensation and equity awards.
- Health and Wellness benefits encompassing Medical, Dental and Vision coverage (for full-time employees only).
- Unlimited Vacation.
- Flexible hours and Work from Home support.
- Daily drinks, snacks and catered meals (when in office).
- Regularly scheduled team building activities and social events both on-site, off-site & virtually.
- As we grow, this list continues to evolve!
Waabi is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and is committed to creating a supportive, inclusive, and accessible environment for all employees. We seek applicants of all backgrounds and identities, across race, color, ethnicity, national origin or ancestry, age, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, military or veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or parental status, caregiver status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. We make workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process please let our recruiting team know.