Toronto, ON /
Finance – Finance /
Waabi, founded by AI pioneer and visionary Raquel Urtasun, is an AI company building the next generation of self-driving technology. With a world class team and an innovative approach that unleashes the power of AI to “drive” safely in the real world, Waabi is bringing the promise of self-driving closer to commercialization than ever before. Waabi is backed by best-in-class investors across the technology, logistics and the Canadian innovation ecosystem.
With offices in Toronto and San Francisco, Waabi is growing quickly and looking for diverse, innovative and collaborative candidates who want to impact the world in a positive way.
To learn more visit: www.waabi.ai
- Collaborate with peers to evaluate and advise on the financial impact of short and long-term operational plans.
- Lead the company's annual planning and budgeting process, long term plan and overall financial model.
- Support/develop all finance, accounting and related processes and internal financial controls.
- Develop and assist with implementation of business best practices.
- Track and manage revenue and expenses, including any amortisation / depreciation schedules.
- Manage all cash flow functions, including accounts receivable and payable, general ledger, payroll and related functions.
- Manage month-end, quarter-end, and year-end close for Canadian and US entities, including consolidation process.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly financial statements for the executive team, investors and Board of Directors.
- Manage financial audits, tax compliance, licensing and permitting.
- Ensure compliance with all local, state/provincial and federal tax regulations and laws, in both Canada and the US.
- Lead by example in developing, motivating, recruiting, and retaining a highly effective global finance team. Encourage the sharing of best practices and insights across all members of the team.
- Bachelor's or higher degree in accounting, finance or related specialization.
- 7+ years in accounting and finance with strong knowledge of US GAAP.
- Experience with management of internal and external accounting teams.
- Experience with online accounting software such as Quickbooks and other software such as Concur and banking platforms.
- Experience working in technology companies in Canada and the US with knowledge of industry best practices.
- Experience with Canadian and United States payroll processes.
- Experience building internal control and financial processes.
- Demonstrated analytical skills/knowledge with an understanding of subscription business models.
- Experience creating and managing budgets and financial models, including variance analysis.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with strong attention to detail.
- Open-minded and collaborative team player with the willingness to help others.
- Experience and excitement in supporting a fast-paced high-growth environment.
- Passionate about being part of an organization solving self-driving technologies.
Bonus/nice to have:
- Startup/rapidly growing technology company experience.
- Understanding of transfer pricing strategies and processes.
- Experience with payroll requirements in Canada and United States.
- ERP/financial system implementation.
- Licensed CPA.
Waabi provides a competitive benefits package that includes:
- Competitive compensation and equity awards.
- Health and Wellness benefits encompassing Medical, Dental and Vision coverage.
- Unlimited Vacation.
- Flexible hours and Work from Home support.
- Daily drinks, snacks and catered meals (when in office).
- Regularly scheduled team building activities and social events both on-site, off-site & virtually.
- World-class facility that includes a gym, games room (ping pong table, video game consoles, board games,etc), multiple collaborative working spaces and a gorgeous patio!(when in office).
- As we grow, this list continues to evolve!
Waabi is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and is committed to creating a supportive, inclusive, and accessible environment for all employees. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process please let our recruiting team know.