Senior Software Engineer, Autonomy Visualization
San Francisco, CA /
Engineering – Software Engineering /
Waabi, founded by AI pioneer and visionary Raquel Urtasun, is an AI company building the next generation of self-driving technology. With a world class team and an innovative approach that unleashes the power of AI to “drive” safely in the real world, Waabi is bringing the promise of self-driving closer to commercialization than ever before. Waabi is backed by best-in-class investors across the technology, logistics and the Canadian innovation ecosystem.
With offices in Toronto and San Francisco, Waabi is growing quickly and looking for diverse, innovative and collaborative candidates who want to impact the world in a positive way.
To learn more visit: www.waabi.ai
- Partner alongside with a multidisciplinary team of Engineer and Research scientists to develop the next generation AI-first technologies that will enable safe self-driving at scale.
- Work on visualization and interactive web tools including interactive simulation, custom labelling tools, data annotation tools, dataset curation tools and result comparison tools.
- Help in optimizing data while setting patterns on front-end and back-end development for multiple projects.
- Participate and share ideas in technical and architecture discussions, collaborating with researchers and engineers.
- Advocate and set patterns for software development.
- BS, MS/PhD in Computer Science or similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience.
- 4+ years of industry experience.
- Experience with more than one (preferably two) modern web technology/library for building responsive web applications. Examples: React, Vue.js, Angular.js, Ember.
- Experience with a variety of backend technologies and languages. Examples: Python, Go, C++.
- Experience with performance optimization and profiling.
- Previous experience or passion in UX/design.
- Open-minded and collaborative team player with willingness to help others.
- Passionate about self-driving technologies, solving hard problems, and creating innovative solutions.
Bonus/ nice to have:
- Previous experience with 3D visualization (WebGL) / real-time interactive systems.
- Experience with cloud infrastructure such as AWS or GCP.
- Experience in ML and self-driving.
- Technical leadership and mentorship experience.
- Experience in automated testing.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment.
Waabi provides a competitive benefits package that includes:
- Competitive compensation and equity awards
- Premium choices for Health and Wellness benefits that include Medical, Vision and Dental coverage
- Unlimited Vacation
- Flexible hours and Work from Home support
- Daily drinks, snacks and catered meals (when in office)
- Regularly scheduled team building activities and social events
- As we grow, this list continues to evolve!
Waabi is a technology start-up building technologies to transform the way the world moves. Join our talented team to be a part of the future and to make an impact!
Waabi is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating a supportive, inclusive, and accessible workplace for all our employees. We seek applicants of all backgrounds and identities, across race, color, ethnicity, national origin or ancestry, age, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, military or veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or parental status, caregiver status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. We make workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process please let our recruiting team know.